Quantcast

Attention: Hardcore XC Mountain Bike Racers

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Last time I looked around here there were a couple of racers around here. Logan was pretty much the top JR XC racer in the state and Matt ended up #2 sport 20-29. I am guessing those guys are hammering the roadies over in the Emerald CX series. After Cyclocross racing only dies down for a couple of months and we will be back to real racing-mountain bikes.

BUDU Racing has just announced their five race series which starts in Feb at South Seatac. The series runs until May. I havent ran the series but all of the races are at SST. Its looks like a nice little series which should fill the gap until the Indieseries cranks up.

Anyone run the races last year? It looks like it must be a wet one.

Heres the link: http://buduracing.com/

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
South Seatac is generally a smooth,twisty course that has a lot of small hills. The rises are never more than 50 feet. If you are a strong hill climber there is nothing there to separate yourself from the other riders. Women do well on the course with its tight turns and lack of big climbs. The course will change as they have quite a few miles of single track packed into around 100 acres. The course will typically be about 4 miles long.

mattv2099

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
Bellingham, WA
The BUDU series looks like fun. Several WWU riders did some of that series last year. it was typcial SST XC racing in horrible weather.

I hope to have my new XC bike ready to rock within a couple of months and I will definately do the first budu race. I won't do the others as I will be road racing pretty much every weekend through the end of May.

you ought to come out and try a CX race! IT's quite fun.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
CX did cross my mind-briefly. I think I am going to have to have my knee looked at by my doc before I can run again. I have a new bike, I think it would definitely be faster at a course like SST, its two inches shorter and about two pounds lighter. I was hoping for three pounds but its really pretty hard to knock the weight down without going to some skinny tires. I am coming up to Bellingham on Thanksgiving I am going to do the Annual Turkey Ride on Galbraith.