Quantcast

Attention Park City monkeys and those on the way from NC to Utah

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Looks like I'm headed to the Sundance film festival this year -- late January. Wondering if any Monkeys in the Park City area could hook me with a place to stay or lead me to some cheap accomodations?

My plan (quite tentative due to being a broke-ass) is to pack up a few bikes and drive out there, hit as many cool riding spots as I can on the way, hang for a few days of the festival, then either head to CA to ride with my brother or back home (once again, stopping to ride as often as I'm able).

A film I have a part in has been accepted and I really need to head out there and do the schmooze thing. I've also always dreamt of a cross-country trek to hit some choice freeride spots, so maybe this is my chance.

Any and all help and suggestions will be appreciated.

TIA, lux

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Well, you can always hit my place on the way out. Windrock will be closed then, that sucks. Good riding in Arkansas. PM biker3 or Sherpa for info. You could hit some stuff in Amarillo, TX also. I heard there is good stuff there, but couldn't see anything from I-40 when cruising through. Loco knows about that area.

That's it off the top of my head for now.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
When you say "head to CA..." do you mean California or Canada?

I assume Cal so I'll sk my next question... Where in cal? If you hit up So Cal post it over in the so cal forum. We'll be glad to show you around.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Ciaran said:
When you say "head to CA..." do you mean California or Canada?

I assume Cal so I'll sk my next question... Where in cal? If you hit up So Cal post it over in the so cal forum. We'll be glad to show you around.
My younger brother lives on Mt. Pinos -- a little place called Pine Mountain Club above Frazier Park. If I make it all the way out there, that's where I'll be. And I'll definetly hit y'all up for some riding.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
motomike said:
Well, you can always hit my place on the way out. Windrock will be closed then, that sucks. Good riding in Arkansas. PM biker3 or Sherpa for info. You could hit some stuff in Amarillo, TX also. I heard there is good stuff there, but couldn't see anything from I-40 when cruising through. Loco knows about that area.

That's it off the top of my head for now.
Thanks, mang. I'll stop by your place on my way out.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
As far as which route I'll be driving, that's all up to who's gonna be showing me their killer trails! I imagine It'll have to be a more southerly route, seeing as it's winter, but I'm down for whatever's out there.

Thanks.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I live in SLC, about a 30 min drive up the canyon to PC. Don't know if that would interest you...Most of our lower elevation (below 6000 feet) trails are pretty clear right now, we've had about a week of unseasonably warm weather, but you can bet by late Jan. they'll be covered again.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
Yeah, man. That would be cool. Still not sure of all the details, but I'll let you know as I get closer to departure. Thanks.

If time is a problem, I may have to fly out there -- probably without a bike -- but we'll see.

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
So, I'm flying into SLC on Monday, the 23rd and staying 'till Friday.

Not sure what the weather/trails will be like then, but I'd love to hook up with some fellow Monkeys while out there and get in some shuttle runs (or riding in general).

Blue -- you down? Know of any places that rent a bikes? Maybe someone's got a laoner for me? I don't do big hucks or anything. I'll bring my pads and stuff, just don't have means to bring my bike.

Thanks for the invite Moto, but my driving trip didn't work out. You might see me this Sunday, though.