Quantcast

Attention people who were on that Carnival cruise

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
SHUT the **** UP!

You were in the dark for two days.....while ON
YOUR CARNIVAL CRUISE. It's not like you were escaping Kosovo or something. You had to eat cold food and shower in the dark. Oh the horror.

Shut your goddamn mouths about what an ordeal it was.

(I feel a little better now)

Last edited:

keeferinoxiv

Chimp
Sep 7, 2008
Have you been on a cruise ship? There are thousands of people and limited deck space. Being below deck there would be no light, not air circulation, and no a/c. No, it's not nearly as bad as being trapped in a mine for a month or being in a war zone, but, nonetheless, still not a good position to be in when you are supposed to be on your vacation. If your one week of vacation time was spent in their position you'd probably bitch too. That's like telling people located along the gulf to quit bitching about the oil spill.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Have you been on a cruise ship? There are thousands of people and limited deck space. Being below deck there would be no light, not air circulation, and no a/c. No, it's not nearly as bad as being trapped in a mine for a month or being in a war zone, but, nonetheless, still not a good position to be in when you are supposed to be on your vacation. If your one week of vacation time was spent in their position you'd probably bitch too. That's like telling people located along the gulf to quit bitching about the oil spill.
What?
Seriously?
:rolleyes:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
SHUT the **** UP!

You were in the dark for two days.....while ON
YOUR CARNIVAL CRUISE. It's not like you were escaping Kosovo or something. You had to eat cold food and shower in the dark. Oh the horror.

Shut your goddamn mouths about what an ordeal it was.

(I feel a little better now)
Turn off your TV?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Frankly, I have less sympathy for them, than let's say, the a resident of the Gulf Coast whose livelihood is now gone.

I didn't pay much attention to what cruisergoers said after they disembarked. I probably would be complaining if I got off the boat because it did suck.

But that's the problem with cruises: you are totally dependent on others for your comfort and your survival.

Once I rode the Kokopelli Trail unsupported. Halfway my main water container ripped open, and I had to go a day on about 30 oz of water.

But it was on me to protect my water better and it was on me to make it to the mountain stream.

No complaints from me.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
I ran across a clip of some newly-weds who were on their honeymoon talking to some morning show.

"We were trying to find ways to occupy our time. The first day we just slept for the entire day."

Really?

REALLY?

That's the most creative thing you could think of doing?

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I ran across a clip of some newly-weds who were on their honeymoon talking to some morning show.

"We were trying to find ways to occupy our time. The first day we just slept for the entire day."

Really?

REALLY?

Boring people.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack

Really?

REALLY?

I'm guessing they were misquoted. Should have been "The first day we just stayed in bed the entire day."

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
I've personally been on 14 cruises and have no sympathy in any way for the people on that ship. Honestly what can you expect? Mechanical things break down sometimes and it was out of everyone's hands. There is still tons of food etc. so it's not like they are going to starve to death.

Ya it sucks that your vacation was ruined but the people on the Titanic had it waaayyy worse then the people on Carnival...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I once went on a canoe trip in the Lakes of Canada. I saw Moose, a Black Bear, and an Owl. It got really dark at night. We told scary sories around the campfire at night. We stole the counselors beer stash and Erin Matravitch let me touch her boobs if I kissed her with full on toungue. They were quite well developed for a 14 year old. Is it wrong that I still have them in my spank bank 30 years later?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I once went on a canoe trip in the Lakes of Canada. I saw Moose, a Black Bear, and an Owl. It got really dark at night. We told scary sories around the campfire at night. We stole the counselors beer stash and Erin Matravitch let me touch her boobs if I kissed her with full on toungue. They were quite well developed for a 14 year old. Is it wrong that I still have them in my spank bank 30 years later?
No.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I've personally been on 14 cruises and have no sympathy in any way for the people on that ship. Honestly what can you expect? Mechanical things break down sometimes and it was out of everyone's hands. There is still tons of food etc. so it's not like they are going to starve to death.

Ya it sucks that your vacation was ruined but the people on the Titanic had it waaayyy worse then the people on Carnival...
What are you, a fat old lady or just married to one?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Hearing about the outside booze embaro cruises implement once underway, I arrived onboard the one cruise I went on with a suitcase full of top shelf whiskey an s few flasks for mobility. I would have been happy for weeks drifting. What I coulnd't drink was sold for a nice priced to other folks on the boat.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
What are you, a fat old lady or just married to one?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA........i wish.

Nah, my dad is an airline pilot and that's the only vacation he really likes. The last thing he wants to do is spend his vacation in a hotel in one spot. We only did that many because he got REALLY REALLY good deals on them...like a balcony cabin for $450/person for a 7-10 day cruise. Can't get food that good, a place to sleep, see that many places and have amazing entertainment for that cheap!

But ya, now that I'm older they're boring because I cant afford to drink much on them and the big part is....I can't be away from bikes for that long!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'm guessing they were misquoted. Should have been "The first day we just stayed in bed the entire day."
Shoot...if they were anything like me and the missus, after Day 1 of our honeymoon, we were icing down our privates and looking for a salve to cool the rawness from all the humpin' and bumpin'. It was hard to walk the rest of the vacation after that first marathon night:rolleyes:.