Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
I haven't had much time this weekend.. BUT it's official

I got the job in boston.. so this means

I AM MOVING TO BOSTON

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

So let's try this again..

Who's in the area?
Where's good places to look for apartments other than Craigslist?
Where's the riding at??

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
Congrats man. Welcome to the area. Its the best city in the world! Check the Boston Globe and Herald classifieds for apts. As far as riding, theres great stuff all around you. Lynn Woods to your north, Vietnam and Lincoln Woods to the south, the Fells right outside your door....and man many more good riding spots. Try checking out www.bustedspoke.com (its down right now, got hacked today) and www.ragemtb.com. Tons of rides posted on both sites.

Oh and welcome to Red Sox nation!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I love Boston! The time I spent back there last fall was great! I didn't meet any monkey's or do any riding, but everyone we did talk to was really friendly :thumb:

Congrats! :dancing:

Oh, I'm sure it's not as cool to do since you'll be living there, but take the duck tour!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Arsbars said:
no no no-- it was just an interview. I found out this past weekend that I got the gig.
no, when i talked about my mtbr scan, i was referring to this , not the ridemonkey thread.

it's ok, you can admit that the :monkey: is 2nd to empty beer.

lanman

Monkey
Nov 2, 2001
Natick, MA
ahah yes boston kicks ass, check out bostonapartments.com, TONS of listings there, all with brokers, seperated by area of the city, great resource. As far as riding...if you mean like street stuff just ride anywhere around boston, its not that big and as long as you can see the Prudential you know where you are, Cambridge has some nice stuff and its just across the Charles. For mountain stuff...the closest is Lynn woods, which is a good combo of singletrack and some huck to flat crap. Further away but much better riding in my opinion is Vietnam in Milford off 495, which is great all day very technical east coast type riding, mostly singletrack, lots of rides going on there all the time. I'm in the Wentworth/Northeastern/ Back Bay area of boston which is near the Prudential Center roughly, there are LOTS of riders in this area, and lots of good riders...mostly college students. Maybe we'll see you round

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
you do know how F'ing $$$$expensive apt's are in Boston!?!?

my sis owns a 2 family (owner occupied) in Malden, but I think she already has a tenant - I'll double check - cheaper rent then right in Boston buts its just a 5 minute walk to the T

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
I have a love/hate relationship with Boston

Love: The city and all the schitte there is to do.
Hate: I really hate the people sometimes, especially the drivers.

Love: The riding.
Hate: The weather changes seasons every three days.

Love: I loveD city living in college.
Hate: You could rent a small house or a condo outside the city for as much as you pay to rent a 10' X 10' room in Mission Hill (if you went to college in the Back Bay area you know what i mean!)

but overall, i love Boston....just dont want to live in the city anymore. i hate dealing with parking, crime, reDONCULOUS rent, and car insurance that comes with living in the city.

where are you going to be working??
as far as riding, there is PLENTY of street to ride in the city, and there are some dirt jumps right in the city! they are kinda hidden, but im sure someone local would take ya there.
theres also XC trails about 10 minutes outside the city and further.
Travel a little bit farther, and you have plenty of freeride, xc, dirt jumps, skateparks in about a 45-hr radius.
WELCOME TO BOSTON :thumb:
......call it Beantown and you'll get your ass kicked

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I lived all over "Boston" (Newton Highlands, Waltham, Belmont, Mansfield, N. Easton) for 6 years. I LOVE that city, and would move back in a heartbeat!! Maybe some day.... :(