Quantcast

Attention Sram users!!

Film4food

Chimp
May 26, 2008
Whats up? well heres my story i broke my top bolt on my sram x.0 shifter and i can't any shop in north jersey that sells sram replacement parts... The part that broke is the bolt for the Right Assy. on a Right X.0 trigger shifters. Does anyone have a broke shifter that i can maybe get the part off of? or know a shop locally that can get me the part? Im really looking forward to riding sat.

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
call sram customer service they will help...
They might not. They very rarely deal with consumers. It is hit or miss but they most likely won't help you and they definitely will not sell you the replacement part. They won't sell the replacement part to a shop either. The only way they will help your shop is if it is a warranty which it isn't. Any shop can get the part you need from BTI or QBP.

Film4food

Chimp
May 26, 2008
call cycle works they may even have something like that in stock (on another that broke)
I tried them and they seemed to have no idea what i was saying, could have just been the person i was talking to so i decided to just email them.

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
any shop can order the part for you. like he said, BTI or QBP will send it to you. I'll order it for you tomorrow if you like (I work in a shop), but you possibly wont have it in time for this weekend unless you want to pay extra for it. Action might have it in stock however, in which case it'll be here on Thursday. PM me if you're interested, and I'll try and help you out

Film4food

Chimp
May 26, 2008
Does any one in the area have a Sram XO Shifter that i can either buy or scrap the part i need off?

Film4food

Chimp
May 26, 2008
Yea, it's for a shifter not a der and also i did find it on Sram's site but they only sell the whole assembly but i only need the top and bottom bolt assy. that hold the thumb and trigger shifter levers together.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
wow..my bad I was pretty out of it yesterday. Do you think it is something you could pull off of a left X.0 trigger.If so I might know someone who can help you out.

road2nowhere

Monkey
May 13, 2007
if its on BTI all you have to do is find a bike shop who deals wiht them and order it from there. i work at ski barn in paramus and we order stuff from BTI all the time.

Apr 28, 2006
North White Plains, NY
Go to a local shop that uses BTI as a parts supplier and have them order you the following part number.

Item #: GS-7941
Model: X.0 Carbon/Alloy
Description: Trigger Cover & Bolt-Cap/Knob
L/R: Right/Rear

MSRP: $23.99 + Shipping/Taxes

SRAM supplies both the top cap/knob and trigger cover (top housing part of the shifter) as a kit so you'll end up with an extra replacement piece, but this way you can solve the problem and this thread.

If you're close to me, you can just give the shop a call or BTI has a dealer locator on their website:

https://www.bti-usa.com/public/store_locator

Last edited:

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
mike... i am solving his problem by showing him a web site that has cheap shifters. not to solve his X0 problem

Film4food

Chimp
May 26, 2008
Thanks, but not what im looking for

^ good try travis but i believe he needs a RIGHT X.O shifter not a 2007 x.7 right and left....

Yes.. i would like to take the part out of it and just use that but its not worth $50

if its on BTI all you have to do is find a bike shop who deals wiht them and order it from there. i work at ski barn in paramus and we order stuff from BTI all the time.
That is what ive been trying to do, but BTI is not open on sunday so a local shop is going to call tomorrow for me.

Film4food

Chimp
May 26, 2008
Go to a local shop that uses BTI as a parts supplier and have them order you the following part number.

Item #: GS-7941
Model: X.0 Carbon/Alloy
Description: Trigger Cover & Bolt-Cap/Knob
L/R: Right/Rear

MSRP: $23.99 + Shipping/Taxes

SRAM supplies both the top cap/knob and trigger cover (top housing part of the shifter) as a kit so you'll end up with an extra replacement piece, but this way you can solve the problem and this thread.

If you're close to me, you can just give the shop a call or BTI has a dealer locator on their website:

https://www.bti-usa.com/public/store_locator

That is exactly what i had the shop order but not that part, because i need the top bolt and the bottom bolt and that only has the top bolt, with the thumb screw and cap.