Quantcast

Attention to detail is why Microsoft kicks ass...

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Should run it reverse into an Apple processing unit!! Would come out something like Minnaar's Honda!

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
It was likely done on purpose. This is the live meeting server. Maybe bridge the gap between roadies and dhillers as a representation of space or potentially differing opinions. I think its pretty witty and a compliment to cycling.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Roasted said:
It was likely done on purpose. This is the live meeting server. Maybe bridge the gap between roadies and dhillers as a representation of space or potentially differing opinions. I think its pretty witty and a compliment to cycling.

Eh...not so much. That's reading waaaay too much into it, and you don't want your target audience to have to think about your advertising much. When flipping through a magazine and someone looks at that for 4 seconds, the majority of someones would think "Oh, LiveMeeting makes it easier to develop new products", not that whole blah blah synthesis bridge the gap crap. :p

In conclusion, Microsoft fails.

Jay Gatz

Monkey
Aug 14, 2004
NE for college, CO when i can
do you guys really think someone smart enough to get hired by the worlds largest software company cant tell the difference between a dh and a road bike, or are you required to automatically hate anything done be microsoft?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Jay Gatz said:
do you guys really think someone smart enough to get hired by the worlds largest software company cant tell the difference between a dh and a road bike, or are you required to automatically hate anything done be microsoft?
i think their ad agency may well not know the difference. i don't hate microsoft tho -- many of my friends work there and work hard.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
that's an old article! and that's actually not microsoft's fault but rather some insanely stupid programmer who thought it would be a good idea to use a 16 bit counter for the "number of changes" (in flight schedule) per month.

http://www.cincypost.com/2004/12/28/comp12-28-2004.html

microsoft does do many stupid things, like ship windows open to vulnerabilities pre-sp2, but this particular one is not their fault. :D

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
Toshi said:
that's an old article! and that's actually not microsoft's fault but rather some insanely stupid programmer who thought it would be a good idea to use a 16 bit counter for the "number of changes" (in flight schedule) per month.

http://www.cincypost.com/2004/12/28/comp12-28-2004.html

microsoft does do many stupid things, like ship windows open to vulnerabilities pre-sp2, but this particular one is not their fault. :D
I think the point was the humorous inadvertant advertising. :sneaky:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Barbaton said:
I think the point was the humorous inadvertant advertising. :sneaky:
:think: you get three snaps in a Z formation

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Jay Gatz said:
well actually they could. to most people, a bikes a bike

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I also know some of the execs for microsoft come up here often and some of them ride...so I have no doubt at least a couple of them know :)

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
yeah come on microsoft groupies. You know they messed that one up... Don't be a corpwhore