Quantcast

Attn. East Tenn DH/mtnx riders...

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Looks like we are making the trek to Morristown for the BMX race over Thanksgiving weekend. Anyone want to ride ETSU or Windrock saturday am?
I'm up for mtnx or DH. I have yet to experience the DH at Windrock so I'm leaning that way but I love Bigfoot and the DS at ETSU and I know what to expect for mtnx.
I'm only bringing one bike so I have to decide before Thanksgiving.
Anyone want to show a slow sport rider around Windrock? Anyone know how far Windrock is from M-town?

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Jeremy R said:
Pete go to Windrock on your big bike and ride Snakerock all day.
Its sweet.
I'm doing it, finally. I had a blast at Chuck's today. There are only 2 spots that are still wet from the rain and they might be good by tomorrow afternoon.
you coming down Jeremy?

SpeedyObnox

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
PEETE! im up for it man, ill clear my work schedule. We should get Taz and JeffD to head up too.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Cool, I'll get with you later about any details. I think Jeff and Taz are laying low on T-giving.

If you can make it down to Chuck's today, give me a pm and get you directions. We're going to meet out there this afternoon.

SpeedyObnox

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
haha, WHAT? wtf is chucks? taz confirmed with me 5 mins ago for windrock saturday. think were gonna pull up friday night. he says the one day trips kill him. so ur already gonna be up there? whatever, wait. WTF IS CHUCKS?!

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
There is a powerline cut on the side of a hill right outside of Griffin on Hwy 92.
Chuck Pitts has had a mtnx course out there for a while. He rents a bobcat and changes it up about once a year. Last year he made it really burly to the point where if you couldn't DJ big you had to go around alot of stuff. There were triples leading to flat turns that go into doubles. Real challenging stuff.
He made a smaller set of rythmes next to the big ones and changed a few other things. I'm no dirt jumper by any stretch and I have no rythme. I was planning on laying off mtnx over the winter and ride DH and XC but this new course is just too fun. Each time I go out there I am able to do more stuff.
I'm looking at putting in a big bike line that will run down beside the mtnx and use a couple of it's features.
We'll be out there this coming sunday.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Don't get psyched out. There are go arounds for everything. Hell, I cut the track in a couple places so I can get lined up better for other stuff.
I've seen the picture of you throwing yourself over the gulley jump at Mansell.
The jumps out there flow better than the DS at Mansell. We had a few skeptics show up and they went away impressed.

SpeedyObnox

Monkey
Aug 7, 2004
mmmm sounds good, where is griffin? lol, i know where 92 is! is griffin east or west? how far from 400?