Quantcast

attn: New Englanders

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
what part of LA?

i lasted a little bit over a year out there. i'm back on the east coast.

and like you, most of my friends there were transplants.
Actually, we've been a bit all over.. Silverlake in Los Angeles. It was Sunset Junction where hollywood, sunset and santa monica blvd's come together. Hipsters galore, we HATED IT. We got to the point where we weren't yielding to hipsters on fixies. They don't obey traffic laws run stop signs, ride in the middle of the street and ride brakeless so let them figure out how to stop... i forced quite a few off the road.

Next was Mount Washington which was better but we were constantly waking up covered in ants and angry screaming asian people.

We just got a place on a quiet dead end street in Glendale and like it much better now. As crazy as this sounds, we miss snow, we miss the cold weather and especially the people. People out here are just so fake it's disgusting. I could go on and on... don't even get me started on the Mexicans... or as my federal agent friend who use to be with border patrol.. toncs. (the sound a maglight makes when you crack one over their head)

Oh and we aren't angry people, we're just Bostonians :)

As for the White Mountains... ya, they can be absolutely brutal at times. I was there over the summer and at the base it was 80 and sunny. by the time we made it up lion's head, it had dropped to almost 30 with zero visibility and strong winds. It happened as quick as flipping a light switch, absolutely unreal

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
lol I should talk to him about it.

funny story... when my buddy worked "on the line" (border).. I went out on a ride along a few times and chased them down myself. Best time of my life. You see what is actually going on down there as opposed to getting it from the tainted, watered down news.

Now he does all under cover stuff for homeland security... done some ride alongs etc now... scary stuff. I hate to sound all conspiracy theorist but what you see on the news is not what's happening 9 out of 10 times. All I have to say is...when you control the paperwork and the briefing major things get changed. scary scary.
I never get tired of hearing stories about poor defenseless people getting beat by agents of our goverment. Paid to hate now there is a carrer path I should have explored.... I would subscribe to that newsletter. On top of all the Alex Jones/Infowars stuff I subscribe too. I might even buy a humourous T-shirt from you. :thumb:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm working on a work project... I can't say what it is, but I do have a question. What signifies New England to you? More specifically Boston...I'm not looking for famous figures from Boston, more along the lines of places, food, general atmosphere etc. Any ideas?
"everybody more important than everybody else"
for eastern mass/boston. I hate it out here, God forbid you have some compassion for other people. Ever heard how to yield/merge/turn/not tailgate/ride in the bike lane/obey stop signs/lights/pay taxes/not cheat the system and so-on.

Northern new england, and even WesMass is much cooler though. I love Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire...CT RI and Eastern MA can eat a sachel of @$$....

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
I never get tired of hearing stories about poor defenseless people getting beat by agents of our goverment. Paid to hate now there is a carrer path I should have explored.... I would subscribe to that newsletter. On top of all the Alex Jones/Infowars stuff I subscribe too. I might even buy a humourous T-shirt from you. :thumb:
hey, If you want to talk about it PM me, i don't want this to fall off track ya know? I'll tell you about my experience and what I've seen and learned first hand because it's not what you are describing.

Last edited:

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
"everybody more important than everybody else"
for eastern mass/boston. I hate it out here, God forbid you have some compassion for other people. Ever heard how to yield/merge/turn/not tailgate/ride in the bike lane/obey stop signs/lights/pay taxes/not cheat the system and so-on.

Northern new england, and even WesMass is much cooler though. I love Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire...CT RI and Eastern MA can eat a sachel of @$$....
see that's the thing. NO ONE in CA can drive. In MA everyone drives like an a$$hole, but it's expected and at least have better skills because of the winter driving. As soon as a drop of rain hits the freeway here people start doing 360s and smashing into each other. I've seen more people run red lights, stop signs, take rights from the left hand lane, tailgate, drive 30mph in the left lane while people are doing 70 there at the same time, not use directionals etc. while here more than my 29 years living in Boston. They hand out driver's licenses in cracker jack boxes out here, it's disgusting.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
They hand out driver's licenses in cracker jack boxes out here, it's disgusting.
hahaha...I was going to say...LA isn't much of an upgrade from my opinion of Bahston...but yeah, anywhere people will knife you because you took the spot they shoveled out a week and a half ago doesn't go on Santa's nice list.

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
hahaha...I was going to say...LA isn't much of an upgrade from my opinion of Bahston...but yeah, anywhere people will knife you because you took the spot they shoveled out a week and a half ago doesn't go on Santa's nice list.
hahahaha we work hard for that spot! go shovel your own!

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
this is all I have to say about the Boston sports scene...
in the light of a wonderful event like the winter classic, we still feel the need to sh!t on other cities not involved.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Competition against other teams is no way to judge a franchise's worth. I've always liked to go by t-shirt sales, and honestly, the Red Sox are hard to beat in that department.
i love seeing the pre-worn out Red Sox hats for sale too. its like the people who buy them are trying to convince others theyre hardcore fans by having a tattered hat