Quantcast

attn: ridemonkets

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
dirtydirtysouf said:
how do i get my GF intrested enuff to get on this site and learn more about her bike and the joy of biking
What the heck..I'll give it a response...I'm no relationship expert but...

Perhaps really show her what riding means to you. You don't need the Internet to do that. Show her what it has done for you and how it has added to your life.....show her that this is something positive that you can do together....it's a healthy activity that gets you out of the house

This weekend I'm going downhilling (chairlift style) with my wife. Will my wife slow me down? More than likely. Do I care? Not one tiny bit. I get to watch her progress (and that makes me stoked) and she feels the accomplishment. That gets her stoked....

Hope this helps,

jeb4

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
WHy can't we keep a thread about getting dirty's lady involved in riding ON FRICKIN TOPIC, instead of gabbing on about your syphillis or somebody's e-titties.

dirtydirtysouf

Deletated
May 23, 2006
the ghetto of winston-salem, nc
laura said:
Does she ride at all? if so send her to the mudhunnies forum. There's plenty going on in there to get her motivated to rip it up. We've got quite the collection of rippin chicks around here lately.
yea she rides and loves it....its just that when she is asking me questions about what seat would be better for her mommy parts (less pain sitting down) i have no idea, so im trying to get her on here to ask those type of questions if the hunnies area

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
dirtydirtysouf said:
how do i get my GF intrested enuff to get on this site and learn more about her bike and the joy of biking
first question! Can she ride a bike? Sounds sorta dumb to ask, but my 61 yr old mom can't!

If you have some sort of clunker/cruiser laying around the house try putting her on that for starters.

Is she a 'fragile' person?

edit: just seen your above posts. If shes not a wuss, borrow a buds bike and hit some light trailage.

dirtydirtysouf

Deletated
May 23, 2006
CrankyOleBroad said:
So - when she rides, can she keep up or do you ride off and leave her?? If she took up riding to spend time with you (typical female mistake IMO) then hanging with her a little more on rides might make it more fun for her (and less fun for you, but hey, it's a compromise)
i hang back with her on the rides or if i do get ahead of her (climbing or downhill) ill stop and wait for her

dirtydirtysouf said:
yea she rides and loves it....its just that when she is asking me questions about what seat would be better for her mommy parts (less pain sitting down) i have no idea, so im trying to get her on here to ask those type of questions if the hunnies area
Aha! Mommie parts!!! Well, I would say this would be the place to ask the questions but given the way this thread has wandered into the coconuts / pineapples / cotton balls / syphillis area she might not be able to get a serious answer anywhere.

dirtydirtysouf said:
just a factory seat that came on her raligh M20 (sp?)
My factory saddle works better than my "women's" saddle. But then again, I've never had kids and giving birth would widen the "sit bones".

I do use well padded bike shorts and wouldn't be without them. Don't know what kind of trouble she's getting in the mommie parts, but if she's not using women's padded shorts she should really give them a try.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
CrankyOleBroad said:
My factory saddle works better than my "women's" saddle. But then again, I've never had kids and giving birth would widen the "sit bones".

I do use well padded bike shorts and wouldn't be without them. Don't know what kind of trouble she's getting in the mommie parts, but if she's not using women's padded shorts she should really give them a try.
I have used both a Women's Saddle (WTB Speed She Team rocks) and a factory saddle before and after having a child (actually, I haven't noticed a difference post-baby). The women's saddle is a little shorter and wider near the back which makes it more comfy when I am in the saddle and easier to get behind when I need to. Right now, I have women's saddles on my XC racer, road and factory saddles on my SS and DH.

Definitely invest in good padded shorts. Her butt and "taint" area are going to be sore at first...she is going to have to build up a tolerance for being in the saddle. I have also ridden both men's and women's shorts. I find that the women's shorts are quite nice padding wise, but generally aren't made as well and need TLC on occassion. When I was just getting back in the saddle, I went with lycra shorts. These definitely stay put and don't move around and rub the wrong way...that should help.

She should hop over into the mudhunnie forum. There have been some great discussions happening there lately!

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
dirtydirtysouf said:
thats the area that hurting her..............well i guess we will go look at some seats and padded shorts for her this weekend.......thanks for the "girl talk" girls:heart:
do you have some friends you could borrow a bunch of different saddles from? that might be a good way of seeing what she likes without shelling out a bunch of money.

dirtydirtysouf

Deletated
May 23, 2006
amydalayna said:
do you have some friends you could borrow a bunch of different saddles from? that might be a good way of seeing what she likes without shelling out a bunch of money.
wish i did (nobody likes me), but the my LBS is pretty good about working with me so maybe they dont mind letting us try out a seator 2 on her bike in the parking lot........if they dont then there are 4 other bike shops around that might let us do that...............

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
dirtydirtysouf said:
thats the area that hurting her..............well i guess we will go look at some seats and padded shorts for her this weekend.......thanks for the "girl talk" girls:heart:

Definitely. The shorts and the saddle are key. I have a WSD saddle from Specialized that I really like.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
bluebug32 said:
Definitely. The shorts and the saddle are key. I have a WSD saddle from Specialized that I really like.

ooo ooo ooo me too. mines a body geometry. From polling that I have done, specialized seems to suit women better who have wider sit bones. mines so comfy I feel like I am riding on air.