Quantcast

$aturday$

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
The ski hills around here barely have any snow on them. Also, there is a funky smell in our kitchen since we got back from vacation earlier this week but still can't find the culprit. 2019 is not off to a good start. WTF.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
upstairs carpets getting cleaned because they’re filthy...much picking up and de-christmasing of the house last night.

gonna take the 8yo and go check out some new trails and mebbe dig a bit...

somewhere in there: beers

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Relaxing after two day trips to Winter Park with the kids. Going to see the wee one in the hospital for a bit, taking my father in law and my mother for their first in-flesh glimpse of her.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Gloriously slept in. A storm is rolling in and the wind is kicking up. NWS posted a high wind advisory for winds of 40 mph here in town and 65 in the hills on top of the rain. I will hit the trainer and home gym today, fvck riding in that shit.

excellent coffee was consumed and a lap surfing dog session was had this morning

IMG-20190105-WA0000.jpg

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Going to attempt to ride. Its above freezing, so who knows what it'll be like. Venturing up north in hope of a little fresh snow on top of the death ice.

Need moar coffee, of course.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Slept in, coffee, wish I could ride my bike but I still have a cough. Guess I’ll work on my engine swap project:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yep, raining like a mofo here. It'd be a foot of snow if it was cold out. Anyway, I did 1:40 on the KICKR. I am loving that thing. You know, as riding a stationary bike indoors goes.

I finished the second season of Westworld, then had to promptly read the Wikipedia entry to figure wtf just happened.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
well damn, the trails i checked out were legit with tons of potential for more. lots of big gullies and a bunch of jumps already built. apparently there are more xc-ish trails on other parts of the property. when it’s all done and open, it’s gonna be a major addition to a metro area that has a lot of trails already. will def be back to dig and ride.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Ordered myself a 4wt packable fly rod set up for small streams. I have a 4 piece 9ft 5/6wt set up from the same maker that I really like.

The Shu Fly Trout Travel Kit Rod is a 7' 6" (229 cm), 6 Piece, 4 weight ultra-light travel fly rod. The rod blank is an IM-8 Graphite. It has a progressive moderate taper and is medium weight. The rods cork grip is AAA quality cork. The rods stripping guide is Fuji manufactured and double wrapped epoxy coated. The double foot snake guides are black coated stainless steel and the tip top is oversized. The reel seat is hardwood insert. The rods butt is machined aluminum for lightness and corrosion resistance. The recommended fly lines for this rod are weight forward 4 floating or 4 weight double tapered.

The Shu Fly Graphite 3/4 Fly Reel is a lightweight graphite fly reel. Corrosion proof graphite construction spool is made with stainless steel hardware (drag plate) and one way pin bearings for a wide range smooth drag. The counterbalanced and ported spool is also able to be reversed to either left or right-handed retrieve. Reel is set up for left handed retrieval. The rod and reel come with a black embroidered Cordura carry case.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Went riding... breaking trail on hilly terrain, with soft wet snow and post holes from hikers is difficult work. Eventually found some other packed trails but couldn't go much further due to the dumb sun setting at 4pm.

Now for sushi and beer(s).

Fun ride though. Oops. :busted:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Went riding... breaking trail on hilly terrain, with soft wet snow and post holes from hikers is difficult work. Eventually found some other packed trails but couldn't go much further due to the dumb sun setting at 4pm.

Now for sushi and beer(s).

Fun ride though. Oops. :busted:
She looks ready. :brows:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Yeah... I Googled before asking. I suspect @rideit's joint ain't NONE of those in the map.

Name, @rideit , or yuse gets it.
Used to be a really good greek deli/gyro place off of Broadway near State St. Been a couple years since I've been back to SLC, so maybe it's not there any more. Wasn't too far from the bar all the TDY airline employees used to go get tanked, back in the day when Utah had the whole "membership" bullshit, airline ID would get you in. RIP, Port of Call.

*Edit: Padeli's

Last edited: