Quantcast

$aturday$

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.
Mostly slept, pain in ribs remains from crash, I wish I could take some deep breaths and clear a little congestion. Soon.

Weekend of chilling ahead.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Today I shall lounge about, Peloton a bit, and then work 5-10 PM.

On my late shift last evening I took on a bit of extra work the last hour… which I’m not grumping about because it was to allow another of the radiologists on the chance to join his wife who went into labor!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Went out to Brazilian with Wifey last night. Left the girls with gma for 5hrs and it was glorious. Plan is to do a ride with Haley and Wifey this am, leaving Hannah with gma again.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Showing truck camper to “David” this morning at 9am. Picking up a sweet new camp stove I scored on Craig’s List at 11am. Gonna try and get to REI to return some stuff maybe? And also gonna shoot for a bike ride somewhere at some time. And probably beer. And most certainly hanging out with The Cartel™ at the park, throwing the ball for them.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
thumbs up to the atrium health care nurses doing drive up covid tests in the pouring rain at the harris teeter...

other than than that....left over pizza and dog snuggles.....

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Big ole ride today, 36km. Twas good, I even managed to run straight head on into a tree at the exact halfway point. Got absolutely dumped on with rain near the end.

At a new local brewery enjoying some food and beer. They are growing their own hops.

I think tonight I'll take an edible and pass out early.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
After a long day with chores I didn't feel like riding/driving to a good riding spot and instead hit the backyard jumps/drops. What a fun dusk session. :weee:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Just heard from my old Captain at Santa Cruz County Fire. They were able to keep the CZU Complex Fire out of Felton. They actually did a 7000 foot hose lay with pump pressures as high as 250 psi. My old Community of Las Cumbres on Skyline by Castle Rock has had the evacuation order lifted as of Last night. The guys from my old station are beat after 14 straight days on the fire line.
Damn good job by the FireFighters of Santa Cruz County Fire, Station 29

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ride was a success. Wifey likes her new bike and we did 6 miles on easy singletrack for her first ride in almost over 8 years. She did have to walk down one section, but I told her and Haley to both walk it. It was one that when I went down got me a 'wtf!? Is that how you normally ride!?' look. Quite amusing.

Friends over tonight for dinner and beveraging.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Rode some trails at a local park 7 minutes from where I grew up, wish they had been there when I was in high school. You couldn't tell it rained 4" yesterday. Sun came out halfway through, and randomly I ran into a high school buddy that I used to go to punk shows with. Post ride swim in my parents pool, beers, and tacos.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Showing truck camper to “David” this morning at 9am. Picking up a sweet new camp stove I scored on Craig’s List at 11am. Gonna try and get to REI to return some stuff maybe? And also gonna shoot for a bike ride somewhere at some time. And probably beer. And most certainly hanging out with The Cartel™ at the park, throwing the ball for them.
Welp, showed the camper to "David" (he didn't buy it, yet) and picked up the new camp stove. Beyond that, didn't get a DAMN thing else on the above list done. Decided to (finally) get my taxes organized and over to the tax preparer though... that'll help with this refi I'm gonna attempt to get done. Beer could still happen though... getting taxes done (no matter how much of a slacker you are) is always a good reason to have a beer.

...beveraging.
Mmmm... beveraging. My pops is coming over for dinner tonight, assumably there will be beveraging.

Welp, showed the camper to "David" (he didn't buy it, yet) and picked up the new camp stove. Beyond that, didn't get a DAMN thing else on the above list done. Decided to (finally) get my taxes organized and over to the tax preparer though... that'll help with this refi I'm gonna attempt to get done. Beer could still happen though... getting taxes done (no matter how much of a slacker you are) is always a good reason to have a beer.

Mmmm... beveraging. My pops is coming over for dinner tonight, assumably there will be beveraging.
What camp stove did you get?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Just got to the studio a little while ago. Looks like I am going to be working between the hours of 7:00pm and 5:00am for the foreseeable future. Would love to work during the day like a normal human but some of my less considerate neighbors won't wear masks in common spaces and the general public isn't into it either. No clue when I will be able to open to the public. Gah, wish I had a studio in the woods. Grumble, mumble, grumble...

:rant:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Roasted some hatch chilies, made enchiladas, helped a bro repair his gutters and imbibed. Also scored a permit to ascend My St Helens on September 22nd, weather will be a crapshoot.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What new bike?
It's the Trek EX-5 that I bought for her when I built Haley's bike. I stole the fork from her Yeti and brakes from the Trek for Haley, then swapped all her parts to the Trek. It was her first ride.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
evidently the dachsund mix thought i had stopped breathing in my sleep....woke up to him bouncing up and down on my chest....pretty sure he just wanted some quiet....