Quantcast

$ aturday $

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
No bike day.
Had 2 visits yesterday for the house, Got 6 more today, and 7 tomorrow... :twitch:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Morn. Slept like crap last night. Run and/or ride on tap today. We've got reservations tonight for the town's outdoor showing of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Heh.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I slept well last night, muscles are still sore from previous shit nights sleep but one more decent sleep will have me back on the bike, yeehaaa!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Two hour drive to the shuttle spot complete. Portajohn at a nearby construction site was clutch.

Now waiting for the rest of these dirtbags to show up...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Slept like crap, tired mind and tired legs from yesterday evenings 10mile/2150ft ride.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Pfew... got the Save Our Date cards designed and sent to the printer last night. Kind of a huge deal, and I'm stoked out how they turned out. We're really starting to put our Wedding Brand Identity™ together...

I also finished up a ski trip report on the blog from 2019 last night... working on getting through a bunch of trips posted up there. Do people still blog? Is that even a thing?

Get off my lawn.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Parents in town. Wifey's birthday. Hannah had nightmares all night, which means I didn't sleep. At least we're going to Brazilian for dinner tonight and the module test for my current CFP class (5 classes, 8 modules/class) scored me a 95 last night (yay math!)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Here. Parents in town. Wifey's birthday. Hannah had nightmares all night, which means I didn't sleep. At least we're going to Brazilian for dinner tonight and the module test for my current CFP class (5 classes, 8 modules/class) scored me a 95 last night (yay math!)
So much for quarantine

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Said gizmo is an adapter to allow you to use an open end wrench with a torque wrench. (Think crows-foot - Note the square drive hole.)

1601156372978.png

For the smashpot that would mean using this gizmo with a cone wrench (as indicated in the destructions) as the inset machined flats are tiny. So you need a 14mm and a 22mm cone wrench and the above gizmo to torque the assembly to 75 in-lb / 8.5 Nm.

I'm a little hazy on the actual how-to, as would not the length of the wrench sticking out impact the leverage and therefore the torque applied...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Said gizmo is an adapter to allow you to use an open end wrench with a torque wrench. (Think crows-foot - Note the square drive hole.)

View attachment 150129

For the smashpot that would mean using this gizmo with a cone wrench (as indicated in the destructions) as the inset machined flats are tiny. So you need a 14mm and a 22mm cone wrench and the above gizmo to torque the assembly to 75 in-lb / 8.5 Nm.

I'm a little hazy on the actual how-to, as would not the length of the wrench sticking out impact the leverage and therefore the torque applied...
Yes, yes it would. There is a multiplication factor involved, and it'll depend on what length you set it at.

I'm used to seeing torque adapters for that purpose. Like this: https://shop.snapon.com/product/Standard,-Inches,-Chrome-(3-8")/3-8"-Drive-12-Point-SAE-1/2"-Standard-Torque-Adaptor/FRDH161

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

View attachment 150129

:fie:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The weather was supposed to be crap and it's actually quite nice. I made Thanksgiving dinner with a 9# breast so sammie's should be legit tomorrow.