Quantcast

Auburn Ride 11/13

mtbikermark

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
Jackson, CA
I'm heading to Auburn (Mammoth Bar area) on Saturday, Nov. 13th. Anyone interested in riding that day? If we get enough takers, we can shuttle. Otherwise I was planning on pedalling. I ride an RM7 so you can figure the type of riding and the pace for pedalling up the climbs.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
mtbikermark said:
I'm heading to Auburn (Mammoth Bar area) on Saturday, Nov. 13th. Anyone interested in riding that day? If we get enough takers, we can shuttle. Otherwise I was planning on pedalling. I ride an RM7 so you can figure the type of riding and the pace for pedalling up the climbs.
I could be up for that. I have a new DH bike that I would like to try out but there's multiple feet of snow on all the trails around me. I've never ridden anything in that area, what kind of stuff is there to ride?

SpuTTer916

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
The OV
I might be down for some shuttles that day, we'll see how this rain works out! I'll let you know when its a little closer to the timeframe..

mtbikermark

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
Jackson, CA
Stagecoach... is that the trail that comes out along the river and ends at the bridge on Old Foresthill Rd? If we end up pedaling, then yes.

If we shuttle, I'd say that we should meet at Mammoth Bar near the motocross track.

As the weekend draws closer, and we get an idea of what the weather looks like, we'll talk more details (ie. time, place, etc.).

mtbikermark

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
Jackson, CA
dfinn said:
I've never ridden anything in that area, what kind of stuff is there to ride?
Lot's of DH type stuff...somewhat steep at times...technical in some places...some drops and jumps.

Back in Auburn, there are some pretty big drops, DS and dirtjumps if you know were to look. We can hit those as well after a few runs in the canyon. Whatever the group is up for...

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
mtbikermark said:
Stagecoach... is that the trail that comes out along the river and ends at the bridge on Old Foresthill Rd? If we end up pedaling, then yes.

If we shuttle, I'd say that we should meet at Mammoth Bar near the motocross track.

As the weekend draws closer, and we get an idea of what the weather looks like, we'll talk more details (ie. time, place, etc.).
Sounds like a plan. I will talk to my buddy who usually shuttles with his DH team up there on Saturdays. I might be able to weasel us a shuttle. If not I am sure I could talk my wife into it.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
i can pick you up on my way through truckee. i'm gonna see if kidwoo wants to go too.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Took the small bike(aka trail bike) out today for a 30 miler. 26 of the 30 miles were done on the Forrest Hill Loop and other trails. Since I parked at the Confluence, I was able to descend the Confluence trail and it was nice and sticky. Some small standing water but that is the norm for Auburn. At least in my experiences.

My buddy from Spin City Bikes and his friend are gonna tag along also. I am trying to get MVRIDER's lazy ass out here to but we'll see.

Laters

mtbikermark

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
Jackson, CA
The weather is looking like it's going to be a bit nasty on Saturday. I was hoping there would be a couple days without rain to dry things up a bit. What are everyone's thoughts? Take a raincheck or slap on a fender and go for it?

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Sunday is looking nice. If it rains on saturday you think it will still be pretty sloppy the next day?

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
weather.com has changed the forecast, they are no calling for sat and sun to be partly cloudy and high 50's. sounds like perfect shuttle weather to me.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
is anyone else still interested? I got a new DH bike i'm dying to try and a truck that can hold 5 people and at least that many bikes.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
I have no idea where the trails are or anything is down there. Would you mind showing me around?

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills
Rode M Bar on Saturday.
Conditions were perfect, but still I crashed and ended up with 11 stitches in my arm.
Oh well hopefully next weekend won't be so bloody..:)