Quantcast

Auburn Sat Dec 11th?

mtbikermark

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
Jackson, CA
I may be available on that day. I would have to be early though. I have been itching to get up there and hit a 8'+ drop with a sweet tranny off of "murder" . I didn't do it last time I was up there and have thought about it ever since. :think:

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Norcal :/
Brian HCM#1 said:
Hey Paul how you been?
Really busy, and riding UP too many hills. I want some gravity assist. :)

How have you been Brian?
You gonna be there on XMas? I figure giving you a little over 2 weeks notice might get a 'maybe' :D

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
bushwacker said:
Really busy, and riding UP too many hills. I want some gravity assist. :)

How have you been Brian?
You gonna be there on XMas? I figure giving you a little over 2 weeks notice might get a 'maybe' :D
Negatron on Xmas, got the family thing going.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
anybody interested for the 18th or the 19th. I'd love to go this weekend but i'll be in hawaii :)

mtbikermark

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
Jackson, CA
I'm going to be out there at around 7:30 or 8:00am on a blue RM7. I'm going to ride the culvert trail (I don't remember the name of it) and then head up to the green gate. If anyone is shuttling at that time that would be even better.

Let me know if anyone is interested in an early ride...

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
I hate to climb. But it's hard for me to round up another local(to me) who wants to ride that area this time of year and i really want to get down there and play around with my new DH bike. Can you climb/push to get to these trails and ride solo or is all the good stuff shuttle?

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
dfinn said:
I hate to climb. But it's hard for me to round up another local(to me) who wants to ride that area this time of year and i really want to get down there and play around with my new DH bike. Can you climb/push to get to these trails and ride solo or is all the good stuff shuttle?
You can climb up Clementine to get to Culvert Trail and Confluence Trail. Park at the bottom at the North Fork of the American River. Ride across the bridge and make a left. Take that single track under the Forrest Hill bridge and start climbing. You'll go through a green gate and hit pavement. Keep climbing until you get to another green gate. Make a right and climb, descend(alittle) climb again to a big oak tree. Follow the trail and it will take a left and it's all down from there. You'll cross Old Forrest Hill Road and keep going into the OHV Park. Look to your right and you will see a yellow gate. Go through it and that is the Confluence Trail. This will lead you back to where you parked at the Fork.

Watch out for the hikers as they like to hike the Confluence and Culvert Trail. Most are very nice and courteous but there are a few that don't or won't say thanks when you stop for them.

As for riding the OHV Park, you'll have to shuttle unless you want to push your bike out.

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
J_B said:
Follow the trail and it will take a left and it's all down from there. You'll cross Old Forrest Hill Road and keep going into the OHV Park.
Be careful here, my first time out there I damn near shot out into the highway.
Was an eye-opener for sure.

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Hey dfinn, this might help you out a bit. You should really just buy this at the ranger station on your way down to the confluence.

This is only about 1/10th of the entire purchased map.
A LOT of these trails are Hikers Only, so don't go riding them willy-nilly. :)

I 'think' the route described above was trail #'s: 18(top half is paved), to 14, to 9, to 8, back to the confluence.
Lots of hikers on #8 the day's I've been there, which stinks because it's a fun ride. :/

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills
Acadian said:
nice...welcome to the club!! :thumb: you got a yellow one I assume? Wagon or Sedan?

Thanks!
It's a yellow sedan only has 7800 miles on it.. :cool: :thumb:
It's such a blast to drive.

Bri, you missed an awesome day..Catch ya next time.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Low_b said:
Thanks!
It's a yellow sedan only has 7800 miles on it.. :cool: :thumb:
It's such a blast to drive.

Bri, you missed an awesome day..Catch ya next time.
Congrats on the new car Bry!!!!! I really wanted to go, but like I said for a long drive and no one really commiting down here, its a long way to go and have no one show up.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
I was able to get my bro in law and his family moved in by noon today and my wonderful wife volunteered to shuttle me once we had gotten home and found ourselves with nothing to do.

It was ok today. Not alot of people and not alot of hikers....at least when I was up around 2pm. Not too many mud puddles and tons of grip.

Hats off to whoever has been building and improving some lines on Culvert and Confluence Trail. Don't want to say what but it's obvious if you've been riding these trails for sometime. It's not secret squirrel stuff but I am just being cautious.

Does anyone know if Tinker's is open or closed? Some XC nazi on mtbr.com(not that there is anything wrong with XC) told me that it was closed and we shouldn't ride it because of the trail erosion and blah, blah. No Ranger has ever told me it was closed. Only asked how it was coming down.