Quantcast

Auburn Shuttle Sunday 2-25

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
We'll be shuttling at 9am on this Sunday! I have about four riders with me and might be able to fit one more. If someone has another truck to donate to the cause that'd be great. I'll be in a dark grey Avalanche.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
It'll be at the left dirt shoulder before you cross the second bridge. Meet time is at 9am but a couple kats that are coming lag a bit so 10 might be more realistic. I'll still be there by 9am. The guys that are coming are a fun crew so it'll be a blast. You rode with most of em marc.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
My frame and all the parts arrived today. Just waiting for Cambria to build my wheels and get my Juicy's in and I'm set for future shuttles

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Good to hear that the rig is almost there Jav.

Yea I got a painter's tarp to throw on the seats so I'm set. A couple weeks ago it took me a couple hours to hose off all the clay. I figure it'll be the same with this rain we're getting. I hope Mammoth is open this week.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
oooh, sounds tempting, javier, want to borrow a bike? I am going to see if I cant get out of here for the weekend, It is raining like mad down here. is there snow up there?
HAHAHAHAHAH I'm out on the DHR but thanks bro!! It isn't too bad here. Was up in Auburn on Tuesday and it was so sticky it was stupid. Super sticky tires and super duper sticky trails was nice. No snow that I have heard of.

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
I think I might be up there tomorrow for a run or two, shuttling around in my outback impreza.

Hopefully it wont be too rainy. I've kept my car from smelling like mud for a good six months, I want to make it to a year.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
yeah, they pulled out some more shrapnel on firday so now I walk like an old man who fell into a pit of lesbians. should be good to go by the next CCCX downhill in march. still gonna have the limp for a few years. its all good unless I am doing crosscountry and have to be spinning with the knee.

besides, chicks dig the scars, well maybe if I only had one or two.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Still a good turn out, 7 riders. The morning was at a slight drizzle and cleared up a couple hours later. Still muddy but fun as hell.

marcm

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Elk Grove (sacramento)
good to see you all had a good time.. i guess me and my friends have turned into DH Snobs since we are not willing to ride in the pea soup.. I guess thats what happens when you have rode Auburn for the last 7 years.. Ha Ha.....

F.Y.I. to much mud will kill your rear shock... so make sure to not let that lime mud sit to long on it....

marc..

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
no no, the beast gets a wash immediately after unload. I wouldn't call that DH snobbish, just trying to stay dry. My deal is I don't have much opportunities to ride mtb so I have to jump on it when it comes. 20's I ride pretty much everyday, well almost, hopefully tonight. Need to burn off some steam.

Anyways hopefully you'll be able to ride next round. BTW Marc, have you had time to hit Granite? Turned out to be a pretty good park.

marcm

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Elk Grove (sacramento)
i no where your coming from on time. I also it up my hardtail abit more then the dh rig its just easy ya no. I did hit up granite but i was skating i have not had a chance to bring the mtb there. It is so packed.

dont worry with spring on the way and longer days we will be riding on the regular.