Quantcast

Auburn Sunday 21st

marcm

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Elk Grove (sacramento)
What up monkeys anyone down to ride on sunday the 21st you no i got a one truck that can hold 5 bikes and 5 people.

We rode last monday and the trails were cool there were some mud patches but all in all it was good.

I am thinking morning maybe 9 or 10 to start it is not going to be as cold as it has been.

I have 2 guys plus me going so far.
I will check this post out on saturday.

Marc.

TROUT

Chimp
Sep 9, 2006
ELK GROVE
rode the dh trails today. ryan forgot his camera, but stonewall is now a 4 foot wide fire road. muderers has no rocks on it and is smooth. eastside(MY FAVORITE!!) is now a 3 foot fireroad no ruts, the waterfall is gone. thank god rocky is still rocky! the rangers said they do it every year. i dont know about that, because those ruts happen over time. and those rocks dont roll themselves in the trail. it was fast before but its like riding on asphalt now.:plthumbsdown:

marcm

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Elk Grove (sacramento)
Trout is correct there are only like two or three trails left in auburn that have not been fire roaded.

Trout, Sorry about missing your call we will hook up soon for sure.

Brian Hcm sounds good just give me some notice and i can free up the whole day.

Byoung, I understand your going from that kona that has a ton of clearance. i remember when i had my kona and then i got my Giant and i would bottom out the pedal all the time.

I sold my faith to my friend and i got a Giant Glory now that bike is soooo sick you can pedal the hell out of it. I am not so sure about the Fox40 i still think my 888rc was the best fork i ever had. well except an Avalance bet hey who has 10,0000000 $$ for a fork.

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
I rode up in auburn Tuesday, and it was almost depressing. You can go so much faster now, but the trails have just lost their character. I don't know, maybe we'll grow to enjoy these, too? It does blow, though. I've been riding there for the past three years and they had NEVER done any amount of "cleaning" like they have recently.

On a better note, I'll be up in the bay this weekend, hopefully riding a jump spot. Not DJs mind you, but lots of jumping none-the-less. Anyone else down to meet up? I'll be up sunday! PM me if you're interested, I can give directions/info from there.