manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Barbaton said:
maybe you should save your money for one of these:

Audi RS6:

http://www.germancarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/spyphotoid/6051028.001
Im really not a fan of that front end or body style in general, im sure the car is a beast, but it is sorta big...I like the B5...

Talked with them some more today...Not sure if they are going to bight on the $$$ im offering up...they were totally fine with me taking to the audi dealer, and getting the history with the vin...i dunno what the plan is.

Brunettes

Monkey
Jul 27, 2005
East Coast
SkaredShtles said:
Yeah. An S4 is a "good clean product"? An S4 is a poor man's exotic. :rolleyes:

Why don't you go for a 10-15 year old S and use all the money you saved for repairs? More sensible, IMO. ;)
Right..

good luck finding a DECENT mileage/ condition 1st gen.

prophet6

Chimp
Mar 25, 2002
North Easton, MA
S4's are reasonably bommer.... run Mobil 1, change it ever 3k, and be nice. Don't dump the clutch in AWD cars- it just cooks them.

I drive a modded A4 1.8t, and it's putting out about 220hp with a stock turbo, and I've had essentially no problems.

There's a 350 hp/400lbft B5 (2.7t) S4 sitting in the garage right now, and outside of normal breaking of things, no biggie. I'm hoping to do the intercoolers, turbos, manifolds, and fuel injectors on it at some point. I'd be aming for 425hp in a car that weights about 3500lbs.

holla!

p6

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
To answer your first question, yes. Just go ahead and buy it, you're only young once, and you may not get the chance again. These cars may be problematic, but once your sort through the minor issues and keep you eyes open for the major ones, you'll be ok. Cars today are light years ahead of cars from 10-20 years ago. You know what you're getting into and you know if you can afford it or not.

Just buy it, have fun with it, and be careful of things that may go wrong.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Brunettes said:
Right..

good luck finding a DECENT mileage/ condition 1st gen.
you either didn't look that hard or don't know what you are talking about. you might have to drive a little ways to get it but these cars can be found for sale, and are generally in very good condition and well cared for. it's not like buying a gti or integra type-r.