Quantcast

Audio banner ads

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Yeah, I can if I know where they are coming from but I am not seeing them. If you can get a source on the file that would help.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
height=60 src="http://z1.adserver.com/w/cp.x;rid=85;tid=1;ev=1;dt=3;ac=68;c=388;" border=0>

Like this?

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
That fly is annoying like no other. You could just be sitting and all the sudden you get a buzz sound. It sounds like the fly is trapped in your ear.

No more sound ads. I don't mind ad's but just not with sound.

I think people are on here enough to where they might pay per year or something. This is by far one of the better bicycle message boards on the net. I know there's Hcor.net and Pinkbike but I don't visit them enough to miss them.

Like I said, no sound ad's would work :)

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I don't like the sound ads either. The problem is that I am running several of these ad networks and each network in turn might resell for several other ad networks. Tracking down a single banner is not easy.

Yearly subscriptions are coming up very soon. I'm just trying to get some stuff together so I can be sure people get their moneys worth. Benefits will include:

Ad free site
Private forum for members
Free use of the upcoming premium classifieds
Product give aways for members only
Little button that gives N8 an electrical shock

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ridemonkey said:
I don't like the sound ads either. The problem is that I am running several of these ad networks and each network in turn might resell for several other ad networks. Tracking down a single banner is not easy.

Yearly subscriptions are coming up very soon. I'm just trying to get some stuff together so I can be sure people get their moneys worth. Benefits will include:

Ad free site
Private forum for members
Free use of the upcoming premium classifieds
Product give aways for members only
Little button that gives N8 an electrical shock
Sweet on the shock button!!
Can we have it play communist radio stations in his ear too?

Got any idea of what the cost to subscribe will be?

J

JRB

N8 said:
Electricity can be quite 'stimulating'....
Uhm - that would be the first time that you would be stimulating. :think:

*I'm way on board with paying.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ridemonkey said:
I've seen 25 per year at a couple other forums.
I'd pay it... but some other options would be cool too. Unless the N8 thing aint a joke!!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
don't screw those of us that don't pay, and i have no problems. just please let me have the ability to edit my posts.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I'd pay 25 a year for no ads, bigger avatar, and a N8 shockie button thingie.

That dang fly ad had me up looking for the dang fly in my apt. I felt pretty stupid after I turned down the PC sound.

J

JRB

Ciaran said:
I'd pay 25 a year for no ads, bigger avatar, and a N8 shockie button thingie.

That dang fly ad had me up looking for the dang fly in my apt. I felt pretty stupid after I turned down the PC sound.
This may actually be worth $50. Any chance we can rig something to kick him in the nuts. :thumb:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
loco said:
You have to be a supporter on Mojo to edit your posts.

I'm in for $25 bones.
ugh...who'd'a thought something so simple would be so detrimental to my forum-happiness.

Ridemonkey

Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Thats a good idea. I wonder if I could send beer in the mail?

Damn True said:
Id probably pony up $25 for ad free and some other premium features.
Will there be a monthly beer and sausage sampler sent to my house?

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Transcend said:
dear lord, not bigger avatars. They are a burden enough as it is on the database.
Werd.......Any larger and the fourms won't fit on my PC screen :)

$25 a year ain't bad. It's hard to find a medium where people under 18 can afford it and people (probably poor students etc...) can afford it. $20-25 would work, especially if the paying memebers get some perks.