Quantcast

Audio Slave (chris Cornell)

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Hey, i just got the audio slave CD, and It sounds like its all covers of Soundgarden songs but i dont know enough of soundgarden to tell as I only own one soundgarden CD. Is it basiclly a cover of some Soundgarden songs with the RATM band, and if so do you think thats right to screw over the ex members of Soundgarden?

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
Not covers. It's really hard for a vocalist to move around as each new project will sound just like the last. Personally, I can't stand audioslave. The signature styles of Tom [guitar] and Tim [bass] drive ones blood pressure to near boiling while Chris is so, well ... sedate. It doesn't mix well for me. It's like hot sex and then the phone ringing [with your mom on the answering machine]. Totally kills it. :nuts:

dickiesbike1

Monkey
Jun 17, 2002
NC
BuddhaRoadkill said:
Not covers. It's really hard for a vocalist to move around as each new project will sound just like the last. Personally, I can't stand audioslave. The signature styles of Tom [guitar] and Tim [bass] drive ones blood pressure to near boiling while Chris is so, well ... sedate. It doesn't mix well for me. It's like hot sex and then the phone ringing [with your mom on the answering machine]. Totally kills it. :nuts:

Not to mention that the old singer (not sure what his name is) of RATM could start riots with his voice.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I just could never figure out how Zach could write lyrics like that and release an album on Sony.

It's like listening to someone tell you to be a vegetarian while he's downing a porterhouse.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Silver said:
I just could never figure out how Zach could write lyrics like that and release an album on Sony.

It's like listening to someone tell you to be a vegetarian while he's downing a porterhouse.
Yeah but I think it was sort of like Moby's stance on not owning a car and then deciding to sell Mercedes the rights to use his song in one of their commercials. He used the royalties he was paid to fund anti-car organizations. So in that sense it can be really cool. I don't know that Zach did that but there are other ways to rationalize why. He might have known that ideally he wouldn't take money from a company like Sony but on the other hand it was the best way to spread his message worldwide. So like most things, it was a double-edged sword...

Or maybe he was just a money hungry sell-out? But I doubt it because the reason the band broke up was of his extreme political status.

EDIT: mmmmmm..... porterhouse :drool:

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
agh! I can't stand Audio Slave! it IS RATM meets Soundgarden. dammit! If I want to hear funk meets rock, i'll just listen to one of their five albums that I own. man, I can't stand AS. crap. pure crap...well, Cochise is a cool song.

Evel Monkey

Monkey
Oct 28, 2003
PNW
punkassean said:
Yeah but I think it was sort of like Moby's stance on not owning a car and then deciding to sell Mercedes the rights to use his song in one of their commercials. He used the royalties he was paid to fund anti-car organizations. So in that sense it can be really cool. I don't know that Zach did that but there are other ways to rationalize why. He might have known that ideally he wouldn't take money from a company like Sony but on the other hand it was the best way to spread his message worldwide. So like most things, it was a double-edged sword...

Or maybe he was just a money hungry sell-out? But I doubt it because the reason the band broke up was of his extreme political status.

EDIT: mmmmmm..... porterhouse :drool:

Always thought Tom Morrello(sp?) was behind the political aspects of the music.

Don't know, never looked at song credits or anything, he just seemed to be the one active in such things.

Jou

Monkey
May 16, 2004
Powell/Laramie, Wyoming
tom was(and still is) just a BAD ASS guitarist i thought. i dont care if it wicked politcal with rage, or mellowish wiht as, his totally ONE OFF solos slay me.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Silver said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It'll make all sorts of "pricipled" people do things.

:D

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
DRB said:
waiting for dhgirlie's two pronged response....
1. Chris Cornell is hot.
2. Men are more catty than chicks.

but its all so true. i will post the obligatory hot chris cornell pic in her absence.

J

JRB

laura said:
but its all so true. i will post the obligatory hot chris cornell pic in her absence.

I'll take the second part -

guys are so much more catty than girls. :D

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I like them allot i think. Its just pure tallent, while i think that Chris could of made a better match with a more rock style band and that Tom could have gotten a more funk type singer like chuck D :cool: or some more hip hop inspired singer.

I can see how some people dont like grunge+pop metal that they assosiate with a funk band...

And DH girlie will be sure to post a pic of chris. ;)