Quantcast

audiophile's please help me, im from canada eh!

steelewheels

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
Hey y"all, i just set up my new receiver and speakers to my computer, and there is a bit of a fuzz in the music... Could there be some interference from the computer?

ok what is setup

harman/kardon avr130
paradigm atoms
line out to red white rca's

Any help would be great, I want this to fuzz to take a long walk on a short pier!

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
If it's like a hisss, say similar to a slow leak in a tube, it could be that the line out volume on the PC is too high and your receiver amplifying the hiss. I used to get it from my satelite receiver through my amp when I used the satelite receivers to control volume. The amp would amplify the noise created by the satelite receivers pre-amp.

I could be wrong though...

EDIT: I read your post wrong all together.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Make sure that your speaker/rca wires are not going near a power source/power cord. Electricity produces a magnetic field that will distort the sound. I think 6 inches(15cm) is minimum distant. If they must cross, do it at a 90* angle.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Wumpus said:
Make sure that your speaker/rca wires are not going near a power source/power cord. Electricity produces a magnetic field that will distort the sound. I think 6 inches(15cm) is minimum distant. If they must cross, do it at a 90* angle.
Or, you can get some of the high grade sheilded wires. Most PC sound cards now have Spdif (coax) audio out. If you get the good stuff, say from Monster, it should be sheilded.
Worse comes to worse, wrap the audio cable in tin foil where it crosses the power lines.

steelewheels

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
I turned downt he computers output volume and it has fuzz is gone! I also move my power bar and some wires. Now it is perfect! i love it! Now i just need to get some more speaker!

thanks y'all