Quantcast

Audiophiles take note!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Monster Cable sucks - that's certainly not new information... over priced and under performing.

Wait, did I say they suck? That's not what I meant... they are actually PERFECT for people who own Bose stuff.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Wait, did I say they suck? That's not what I meant... they are actually PERFECT for people who own Bose stuff.
:stupid: Haha exactly...I'll have to remember that one.

Cables are a huge scam, there are even companies that make $10,000 speaker wires for the real audiophiles...

I bought all the cables I needed for my home theater system from www.monoprice.com for the same price as one Monster cable and the quality is perfect.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
:stupid: Haha exactly...I'll have to remember that one.

Cables are a huge scam, there are even companies that make $10,000 speaker wires for the real audiophiles...

I bought all the cables I needed for my home theater system from www.monoprice.com for the same price as one Monster cable and the quality is perfect.
+1 for monoprice. I bought all my cables from there for my latest ht setup.

goofy

Monkey
Mar 20, 2004
olney md.
There are 2 problems that I see with the test. 1 is the coat hanger is probably the same gauge as the monster cable. Gauge is the main cause for a cable to sound good or bad. 2 the coat hanger is a shorter length which would have lowered the resistance.

With all that said any 12 gauge wire is good for serious listening (high end home theaters and listening rooms) and for general listening (listening to background music) 16 gauge is perfect.

From my experience all the oxygen free wire does over the non-oxygen free wire is it doesn't turn green as fast.