Quantcast

August 10-August 17

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I'm doing a 3 week trip August 17-Sept. 10 with my best friend from NZ. He's got his tickets and I've helped him order a new bike for the trip too.

Its a full 23 days which I am guessing will consist of:

2 days pack/ready
2 NYC tourism
4 days rest/other tourism
15 days riding - 15-20 locations (figure 3 days on the bike 1 day off pattern)

So that is 15 days on the bike and 8 days off. I think that is a good balance so we don't wear out too much. We will be riding lots, here are some possible locations:

-New Jersey - Hartshorne, Huber, Allaire, Sourlands, Malhon Dickerson, Allamuchy, Ringwood, Ramapo, Chimney Rock, Diablo, Waywayanda
-Connecticut - Trumbull, Mianus, someplace I can't remember at the moment
-New York - Blue Mountain, Trails around Ithaca, Pkill, Saratoga area
-Pennsylvania - Prompton, Fell, Jim Thorpe, Reading
-Vermont - Stowe, Kingdom Trails
-MA and/or NH trails (Lynn Woods, Vietnam, Berkshires etc.)

I guess the hardest part is deciding which trails and in what order:D

Thread: http://www.cycle-cny.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2939

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
I'm doing a 3 week trip August 17-Sept. 10 with my best friend from NZ. He's got his tickets and I've helped him order a new bike for the trip too.
That sounds like a really fun trip! Unfortunately I don't think we will be able to join you because it took quite a bit of convincing to get the Sheriff's Dept. to let me have the week off that I wanted due to my low status on the seniority list :p

Have fun though!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
That sounds like a really fun trip! Unfortunately I don't think we will be able to join you because it took quite a bit of convincing to get the Sheriff's Dept. to let me have the week off that I wanted due to my low status on the seniority list :p
My friend owns a flooring company so he just had to convince himself :D

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Nah, I don't want to ride with you. :p ;)
That's ok, I don't really want to ride with you either :mad: ;)

In the interest of saving money we are only going to be bringing the DH bikes. We would like to hit up pkill and diablo for sure, and of course any other suggestions would be great.

We are probably going to fly into Buffalo on the 10th, meander out towards Rochester and then head east bound. Any central NY monkies (Treesaw, Douglas, etc.) willing to accept shipment of two DH bikes in early August?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
That's ok, I don't really want to ride with you either :mad: ;)

In the interest of saving money we are only going to be bringing the DH bikes. We would like to hit up pkill and diablo for sure, and of course any other suggestions would be great.

We are probably going to fly into Buffalo on the 10th, meander out towards Rochester and then head east bound. Any central NY monkies (Treesaw, Douglas, etc.) willing to accept shipment of two DH bikes in early August?
Absolutely. We'll even build 'em up for you if you'd like ;) And you know we have plenty of room at our place. You may even be around for Deck Party this year!!! :monkeydance:

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
Sup Jeff! I spent time in a provincial prison up in Canada for not having a valid freeride license not too long ago but am back now in brah-cal.
Big bear open on May 19th!! We had fun riding the "other trails" on the trail bikes. We'll be back fo sho!!!

Oh, I just got my vacation request approved!!!! Heeehah! Can't wait to taste the NE again!!!