Quantcast

Aussie riders looking for NY trails

toobs

Chimp
Jul 11, 2011
Hi everyone,

A friend and I are traveling from Australia to the USA and Canada in August/September this year and taking our bikes with us. We'll be in NY for 10 days, followed by some roadtripping around Utah/Colorado and then another 10 days in the Whistler area.

I've done some searching around but maybe a bit of local info could help us out too? We're looking for trails in/around NYC at this stage- Blue Mountain reserve in Peekskill looks good and fairly accessible- as we are limited to taking whatever public transport that will allow bikes. Are there any other trails that riders can recommend?
We are all-mountain-style riders (not that we have style...) and enjoy everything from XC loops with steep climbs to fun descents that would make our 160mm bikes really work.

Cheers, and see you on the trails!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Blue Mountain is beyond awesome. Go there for sure. That's the best place I can think of near the city that's accessible by public transport. I can work on some contact info for you for other people who could offer further advice too, if you'd like. Shoot me a PM and I'll work on that.

Also, what dates are you going to be in the NY area? I'm from there originally, and will be back for a few weeks at the end of August (in Sydney now). I could be game to play tour guide at Blue if the timing happens to work.

toobs

Chimp
Jul 11, 2011
We'll be landing in NYC on the night of the 23rd and leaving for New Jersey (Diablo FR Park) on the 30th.

PM sent, cheers!

toobs

Chimp
Jul 11, 2011
Due to a massive change of plan, we will be in NY (Queens area) until the 4th of September. I am looking to get the Hudson line up to Sprain Ridge or Blue Mountain Reserve over the next few days so if anyone is interested in hooking up for a ride, let me know!