Quantcast

Austin Race on Dec 5th

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
the last one was fun... but shane, evan, joe, dirty j, and all you other guys need to show up too to make it better...

I'm looking to have 4 gates full of riders... that means 30+ people... which can easily be done guys.... everyone that was there before needs to bring one extra person and we'll be set.... and spread the word...

It will go from about noon to 5 so a couple guys mentioned bringing a grill etc... (practice starts at noon and races go from about 2-5)

email me at weaver@brianjweaver.com if you would like to start getting emails about these events... im going to start an email list....

Dec 5th. entry fee will be $6.00 If'n you want to race for a trophy it will be $9.00 instead. ABA membership will not be required, but you will have to sign a waiver just like today. Trophy's are given 1st through 3rd, 1st place is a 36" trophy.

We will have to get some number plates, paper plates work really well, and they are cheap. Everyone can pick there own number. Also, by ABA rules (Capcity BMX is an ABA sanctioned track) we will need to put pads on the top tubes. There are loaner pads at the trophy shack, and I plan on picking up some pipe insulation foam. it's ugly but does the trick. Mostly this is for insurance reasons.

Starting January Rick will require an ABA membership to race. check out the details at ababmx.com licence is $45 for the year and will allow you to race your MTB at any ABA track in the cruiser class. I think a temp/ 30 day trial membership is $25 or $30. This requirement is an insurance issue. In the event that someone crashes, and gets hurt it protects the track operator.

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
McT said:
Hmmm... the 5th, eh? You planning on going to Grands?
naw...havent ridden bmx most of the year... and the grands is a waste unless youre up for nag or a title... too much sittin around