Quantcast

Austin Visit 9/20

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
Will have a free day in Austin on the 20th.

Looking for a place to rent a decent bike (would love to try a 29er)and a good trail, willing to drive an hour or so any direction from Austin...

Can somebody help me out???

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
rent a bike from Bicycle Sport Shop. www.bicycleshportshop.com there might be a 29" Willits...not positive.

for riding, you'll have to drive all of about 15mins max.

what kind of trail are you looking for? i have to say my favorite trail is the Greenbelt, starting at the Hill of Life. only problem is...you really need to hook up with a group to find the good stuff (and not get lost). unless you don't mind exploring, which is how i prefer to ride. i know a few people who can also show you some rediculously technical trails. it is possible to do a good 6hr ride hitting 3 or 4 different trails along 360.

i can think of a certain individual that works at the north BSS location that seems like he'd be good to ride with. he's a bit of a freak. likes pain and punishment.

i hesitate in saying go to Mojo 'cause your post might get drowned out by a fair amount of nonsense, but it's worth a shot. www.bikemojo.com

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Bicycle Sport Shop's Central store is about 2 miles from one of the Greenbelt's trailheads. it can be found at the corner of Barton Springs and Lamar.