Quantcast

Australia

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Ok so im going to Australia this winter for about 3 months.
Diving, surfing and just beach bum it all the way from Sidney to Pert is the plan following the south coast.
Ill prolly just buy or rent a campervan or something so I can bring some stuff.

Would it be worth it to bring a DH bike?
Are there any shuttle or lift accesable trails in the region and are they worth carrying my bike around??

Any help or info is welcome!!

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
its been years, but when I was there all I hit were the XC trails cuz of the janky rental that I got.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I spent 3 months in Oz over the summer, including a bit driving around in a camper van. Honestly, I wouldn't bother. I had a bike with me, and there was some good riding, but especially if you're going to be in a van the whole time, it's going to be more hassle than its worth. There's not much space in those things, so dragging it around for 3 months is going to suck, and there are SO MANY other awesome things you can be doing it's just not worth it.

I'm jealous. I've only been back in the states 2 months and I want to go back.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I spent 3 months in Oz over the summer, including a bit driving around in a camper van. Honestly, I wouldn't bother. I had a bike with me, and there was some good riding, but especially if you're going to be in a van the whole time, it's going to be more hassle than its worth. There's not much space in those things, so dragging it around for 3 months is going to suck, and there are SO MANY other awesome things you can be doing it's just not worth it.

I'm jealous. I've only been back in the states 2 months and I want to go back.
Hehe well I travel 4 months a year and Ive been doing for the past 5 years 5 years. So I allways know it wont be long till my next trip, that really helps to ease the pain!!

Ok so doesnt look like Ill bring my bike then.
More time to try and teach myself how to surf!

BikeMike

Monkey
Feb 24, 2006
I've been in Perth for almost three years now. Unfortunately for riding, Perth is just about flat as a pancake. Probably not worth traveling with a bike for. I don't even own a mountain bike here:(. Amazing beaches and water all up and down the west coast though, so surfing and diving is a good call. Bring a fishing rod and catch dinner when you camp at remote beaches. Happy to help with any left coast questions, but haven't been over east yet (GB reef area excepted).

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
I wouldn't bother, there's too many Americans there.

You could take you skateboard and chaps.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
I've been in Perth for almost three years now. Unfortunately for riding, Perth is just about flat as a pancake. Probably not worth traveling with a bike for. I don't even own a mountain bike here:(. Amazing beaches and water all up and down the west coast though, so surfing and diving is a good call. Bring a fishing rod and catch dinner when you camp at remote beaches. Happy to help with any left coast questions, but haven't been over east yet (GB reef area excepted).
Thanks Ill let you know!
Fishing rod was allready on the list...