Quantcast

Auto Mechanics..Extra $hitty mileage issues. HELP.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Well, argue all you like But come to my work and Argue with my Diploma and other class certs i have. Just because someone has been doing something for 20 years doesnt mean they have been doing it Right for 20 years. On that Toyota if the Air tube to the Maf had a hole in it, or was Disconected it wouln NOT throw a code or a light. Remember this is an Older toyota Not a newer OBD2 design. Running your seafoam Before an Oil change is Ok, But 300 miles isnt. No offeense to your "ASe" certed friends, But i know alot of people who are "ASE" certed that have no Professional training. Oh one more bad thing about the ATF, Its red, Red dye is used to signify OFF ROAD USE only fuels. Dont get caught with Red dye in your fuel, Which is soon to be something done when having your Bianuall Smog checks in california, along with the Vid cameras front, read and in dash during test. As far as teh Acetone, you would be suprised how much acetone is already in your fuel. Remember Fuel and Oils are Balanced in a Lab. Biggest thing with additives <And i am repeating myself> iis to look out for something that says "SHAKE WELL" . The trans fluid cleans your Injectors because Its a fairly Abrasive Fluid. Its designed to be used with a wet clutch system so Under pressure<Contact pressure not fluid pressure> it actually gets a little tacky. More specifically When compressed in the clutch pack. That particular additive is what is doing the cleaning.

P.S I Currently hold 16 Ase certs. All automotive certs plus assorted deisel certs. Thats Ten from auto and six for deisel.