Quantcast

Auto window sizing on RM

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
I'm not sure what else to call it, but you know how some webpages auto-size the IE window to fit nicely into your screen so you don't have to scroll left and right or expand the horizontal window size in order to see everything at one time? Well, usually this works on RM, but not all the time, and often I have found myself slightly increasing the window to view a thread only having to increase it again and again as I view subsequent threads, and before I know it, I am viewing the webpage in full width on my 1280x1024 screen. The whole reason I have my monitor at this resolution is so I can fit more than one window on it at a time. Can anyone help or at least explain this problem to me so I can sort it out? It seems that only RM has this problem. Thanks!
Erik

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
It's because people link large images that force the page to be wider than usual. No way around it with content being contributed by individual members.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
That's what I was afraid of, but I hadn't systematically scoured every problem post for a large image. Dang them, dang them to heck... they really ought to learn to link images that are too large so they open with a new window.