Quantcast

AutoCAD is not playing nice=User is whacked

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
So, I am trying to plot this drawing with linework grayed back and new stuff and notes black. We use *.ctb files. I have done this hundreds/thousands of times with our in house standard ctb file. Why is it that the lines do not come out like I want them? Seems like I have to re-invent the bloody wheel each time I go to plot something? Anyone? I am trying to change one variable at a time (like the color) but the thickness (which should be increasing) stays the same no matter what thickness is selected. I even tried plot line witdth setting and to no avail. :help:

EDIT: AutoCAD/Land Desktop 2005

Thanks!

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
MMike said:
this would help

Probably, but I use mostly 2D stuff. So I need Planar Works for Dummies?

Crap. I thought it was going to be a good week. I have most of Thursday off to hang out with a friend coming to town, Friday through Sunday we are riding/camping. I guess I will pay the dues to get there. Come on Thursday.....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Meat Foot said:
No, but good question. That involves the VISRETAIN var, correct?
I'm not familiar with VISRETAIN, can you explain that to me?

Zia Monkey

Chimp
Nov 12, 2004
Does someone in the office have access to your ctb file? Around my office you need to hide them before people mess them up. It really sux when every one has different pen weights though.

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
stosh said:
I'm not familiar with VISRETAIN, can you explain that to me?
Help can do better than me babbling:
"Type: Integer
Saved in: Drawing
Initial value: 1

Controls the visibility, color, linetype, lineweight, and plot styles (if PSTYLEPOLICY is set to 0) of xref-dependent layers.

0 The layer table, as stored in the reference drawing (xref) takes precedence. Changes made to xref-dependent layers in the current drawing are valid in the current session only and are not saved with the drawing. When the current drawing is reopened, the layer table is reloaded from the reference drawing and the current drawing reflects those settings. The layer settings affected are On, Off, Freeze, Thaw, Color, Ltype, LWeight, and PStyle (if PSTYLEPOLICY is set to 0).

1 Xref-dependent layer changes made in the current drawing take precedence. Layer settings are saved with the current drawing's layer table and persist from session to session. "

I fought this one hard one time. I spent hours scratching my head with this one.

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
Zia Monkey said:
Does someone in the office have access to your ctb file? Around my office you need to hide them before people mess them up. It really sux when every one has different pen weights though.
Yep, but they have not been tweeked. I made the initial settings ages ago and forced out the ctb file to the other user. So just the two of us. I am sure I/they toasted something, but all apears to be normal. Ugh. :mumble:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Maybe try working with another layer? Is it doing it to all line types?

Auto Cad is too confusing.

Meat Foot

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
On the asthenosphere
mack said:
Auto Cad is too confusing.
I much prefer Illustrator. I have been working with AutoCAD since 1988. Version 9.0 dos. I started a new job in 2000 and we have a mixture of programs, AutoCAD and Illustrator. I was like "poo-poo Illustrator" when I started. But it is so WYSIWYG. I always want to draw in Illustrator now. It is crap for engineering plans though. Ahhhh, they each have their application in this world.