Quantcast

Autocad PEOPLE

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Where do you buy your program from.

We need to upgrade by year end and I'm going to start shopping around and I'm looking for suggestions.

Thanks!
Stosh Z.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
You can usually find an Autodesk reseller via the Autodesk website, and shop them around a bit. That may be your best bet.

Of course, there's always ebay. :p

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
sirknight6 said:
You can usually find an Autodesk reseller via the Autodesk website, and shop them around a bit. That may be your best bet.

Of course, there's always ebay. :p
Hrmmm ok well I was just wondering if there was any one retailer who is better pricewise than the others.

We usually deal with the same one every year but we still try shopping it around.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
stosh said:
Hrmmm ok well I was just wondering if there was any one retailer who is better pricewise than the others.

We usually deal with the same one every year but we still try shopping it around.

I tired to get the latest copy the other day from a wholeseller and dude said that it wasn't going to happen. So I had to go to Autodesk to get it since no one is authorized to sell for a better price.

If you do a lot of work in 3D check out Archicad 9! That program is sick!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
caboverpete said:
I use DLT Solutions they are out of Herndon VA... im sure there is a similar retailer in your state. We do the yearly maintenance agreement... if you like to keep your Autodesk stuff up to date it is the best solution.
Ok cool thanks!! I'll give them a call as well.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
gastro said:
Okay, I guess I just work with a bunch of dummies (me included).
Wow really... I've worked at 5 different jobs and I can't think of a single time we needed an autocad tech to come out.

What did you need them for?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
gastro said:
Primarily for settting up the network / licensing / permissions on the front end. We also had them come in to train for the last couple releases, and when we jumped to LDD 2005.

It's not like we've got them coming over every week or anything...
Oh you had them do training that cool.
I'm not sure when that was setup here but I think every year we just buy upgrades to out existing software so the licensing and such just carries over.