Quantcast

AVA!st, damn it, wake up!AVA

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fun mellow ride last night. Stuck to some gravel paths and just kind of derped around. Went across and around a pond, which had some serious sketch washout sections; reminded me of one near unrideable part on either Cat Gap or Butter Gap down in le Pisgah.

Something is rattling on the bouncy downhills on the back of the bike though. Better not be the hub. :(

Even got to ride in some sunlight!

This part sucked...

I can't wait for this damn winter to be over. Even if it just means riding the cross bike around when everything is wet. Pants suck.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

It's a Scottish gray sky morning out there.....and if it's not Scottish, it's CRAP!!

I get to go to a very upscale golf resort this morning and install a sign using a new hidden standoff system that I've never used before, while the customer watches with folded arms and a look of concern as I Forrest Gump my way through figuring it out.

Finally went to the doc yesterday to get the process rolling of getting my hernia repaired. Asked how well I do with anesthesia, my reply was "F'ing great, man....it's the best sleep I get all year. Get your scalpel and let's do this thing."

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Talked to HR yesterday. "All interviews went very well and they just need to get final budgeting approval from senior management. I should hear back within a few days." Well I'm fucking ready.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Finally went to the doc yesterday to get the process rolling of getting my hernia repaired. Asked how well I do with anesthesia, my reply was "F'ing great, man....it's the best sleep I get all year. Get your scalpel and let's do this thing."
i got a free 10 day trip in colorado out of my brothers hernia operation...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Havent been down to the flats since friday. boooooo sprawl.
Did work & stuff at home then moved a lot of snow for some fun. hoping we get more in the next 7 days!
2nd run hitting it lol

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
That slide happened on Sunday - so, yeah, it helped the already ongoing shitshow on I-70.

Avalanche in 10-Mile canyon had not affected the highway in AGES. The amount of snow that came down in that little corner of the world was *impressive* for such a short period of time.

I, for one, welcome MOAR SNOW!!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Kid shuttling duties for me today. I think I have convinced the wife to bring the wee infant along with us as we head to get Thai food for lunch.

(She’s been trying to keep le kiddo out of the public eye as much as possible because of idiot anti-vaxxers with measles and the like. Should be fine in a covered car seat in the restaurant, and she’ll have to take her places next week when the constant stream of parents or me-off-work being around finally comes to an end.)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Fun mellow ride last night. Stuck to some gravel paths and just kind of derped around. Went across and around a pond, which had some serious sketch washout sections; reminded me of one near unrideable part on either Cat Gap or Butter Gap down in le Pisgah.

Something is rattling on the bouncy downhills on the back of the bike though. Better not be the hub. :(

Even got to ride in some sunlight!

This part sucked...

I can't wait for this damn winter to be over. Even if it just means riding the cross bike around when everything is wet. Pants suck.
youre skis look funny

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Hello all. Kid shuttling duties for me today. I think I have convinced the wife to bring the wee infant along with us as we head to get Thai food for lunch.

(She’s been trying to keep le kiddo out of the public eye as much as possible because of idiot anti-vaxxers with measles and the like. Should be fine in a covered car seat in the restaurant, and she’ll have to take her places next week when the constant stream of parents or me-off-work being around finally comes to an end.)
They aren’t Anti-Vaxxers...they are Pro Diseasers.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Kid is too young for several vaccines. This is one of the reasons the anti-vaxxer morons are such... morons.
This. MMR is given at 12-18 months. Aya popped out right before the new year.
Ahh, makes sense. I don't have kids, so some of this info, i don't know.
I had measles as a wee babe. Too young for MMR. Obviously I don't remember it, but I know my folks found it pretty exciting.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just discovered that my company does a 100% match for donations and Haley's school qualifies under their criteria. Haley's school is getting money this week and a match to go with it.