Quantcast

avalanche dhs on intense m3

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
hi guys

a friend of mine sent me these of an avy dhs fitted onto his size m m3.
this was originally a smaller shock that was on a tomac 204, i resized it (quite cheap for the parts needed to do that) and this is the preliminary result, not an awfully clean setup but this fella uses the seat post at that position so its not going to bother his riding at all.

not surprisingly, the valving is a bit off but fella here says it just feels amazingly plush, spring rate is 450 and rider 190ish

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
seismic said:
WOW....the chain !!! How can anyone not take care of his M3 ?
Imagine the mud settling between and in thoose pivots.......thats disgutsing...!!.......shame on you.... :nope:

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
caputo1989 said:
That is one rusty chain
so i guess his crome plated rear cassette is totally rusted out too ! NOT

I suspect he rides in very red dirt and the littlest amount of that dirt give a rust colored affect to anything it touches, clothes, drivetrain, white colored frames ETC.

think before you type

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
maybe its one of those wipperman gold chains? with bad lighting, looks like rust?
but then again, i have seen a guy with really top stuff on a ellseworth truth, and the rear king hub was full crud, and the brearing in it all dry. :oink:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Jimmy_Pop said:
think before you type
But.. but.. Do you mean to tell me that it's not just a coincidence that the dirt on the tread of the tire is the same color as the chain?

:D

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
binary visions said:
But.. but.. Do you mean to tell me that it's not just a coincidence that the dirt on the tread of the tire is the same color as the chain?

:D
either way............that's no way to treat a bike......

Be nice to your bike.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Cant Climb said:
Imagine the mud settling between and in thoose pivots.......thats disgutsing...!!.......shame on you.... :nope:

bike only got rain cleaning on the way back from sundays race, really muddy stuff and like the other guys pointed out, red clay-mud abounded.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
seismic said:
Which size shock does the M3 use ?

9,5/3"

i just finished revalving the shock, did two attempts and the second time the rebound was ok, but it seems the spring is a bit too soft, anyone have a 500lbs ti avy compatible spring?

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Cant Climb said:
Don't VPP bikes require a shock with a platform to perform optimally.......?....

i pedalled it around a bit and it feels different and livelier than with the swinger, you can feel more terrain and also a bit more of the chain tension through the pedals, but the bike pedals very well without a platform shock so no worries at all, i liked it more that way than with spv.
for anyone interested i would start with a 50lbs stiffer spring than what you were using on the swinger.

dame1chesco

Chimp
Aug 19, 2005
vitox said:
9,5/3"

i just finished revalving the shock, did two attempts and the second time the rebound was ok, but it seems the spring is a bit too soft, anyone have a 500lbs ti avy compatible spring?
como que muy soft si la wea es de 550

:nope: