Quantcast

Avalanche vs Pushed Fox

Brad23

Monkey
Jan 9, 2004
West Oakland
I have a '02 RFX w/ avalanche dhs 2.25 rear shock, I need to get it valved for me as I bought it used, $75, plus I'm looking to drop some weight, Ti spring = $200.

I'm now debating looking for a Fox vanilla RC and get it Pushed. Give me your opinions, if you have a fox you might trade, or any other input on this matter.
I ride light downhill/freeride style up and down plus plain old trail, FYI.

Any idea how much weight I would save on just the fox sprung for a 160lb rider with just steel?

Is there TI spring for the fox? How much and what weight savings?

Any Idea of the best place to find an old fox, possibly blown?

Thanx for all the help as always, you guys rock!

I look forward to meeting/ riding with some of you, anybody game for Pacifia this week or next?.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
you have an avalanche. why not just forget the 1/2 lb weight savings, get it revalved, and enjoy it? :nopity:

Brad23

Monkey
Jan 9, 2004
West Oakland
The avalanche is a big reason I bought this particular frame, I've just been hearing so much good stuff about Push.

And it would also be nice not to have to ship my shock between coasts.

Thanks for the help though.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Brad23 said:
The avalanche is a big reason I bought this particular frame, I've just been hearing so much good stuff about Push.

And it would also be nice not to have to ship my shock between coasts.

Thanks for the help though.
So far people seem to be happy with the PUSH upgrade, my buddy is going to have it done to his Fox RC for his Disco when the N* season is over with since it needs to be serviced anyways. I'm really curious with if there are noticable improvements, I can't wait to try his Disco out and see how it feels since it used to be my bike.

Brad23

Monkey
Jan 9, 2004
West Oakland
OK, hold off on the offers for right now, I still deciding what I want to do.
FYI it's 7.5 x 2.0 with a 660 steel spring (>190lb rider ).
If I did a trade, it would not be straight up unless you had the proper Ti spring (165 lbs rider).

Thanx though

Brad23 said:
If I did a trade, it would not be straight up unless you had the proper Ti spring (165 lbs rider).

Thanx though
Take all the offers as a hint, then. There are plenty of people that would trade a Fox RC for an Avalanche in a heartbeat. I'd personally spend the $75.

Too bad about the shock length. I need a 7.875 x 2.25. :mad:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Brad23 said:

Thanx though
I'll trade you an older Fox RX & Romic both are 7.5 x 2 :cool:for the Avy.