Quantcast

Avalanche Woodie top out

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
New bike day yesterday, still sorting it out. Bike has an Avalanche woodie shock, complete with hi/lo adjusters. I've just set it up, but I feel like I'm getting some top out from the shock with the rebound as fast as I'd like it (currently). Are there any tips for reducing or avoiding top out? Could something be wrong with the shock? It didn't seem to be as bad before I fiddled with the blue high-speed adjuster, which was cranked all the way in.

I'd just like to know before the season starts whether the shock needs a service.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Zumbi F44ti. Pretty neat so far, but I literally just put it together. Might get some shuttles in this weekend if I'm lucky.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
You definitely can not adjust the low-speed rebound to be super fast, nor would you want to, it kind of makes these shocks seem abnormally slow, but on high speed hits they usually rebound pretty fast. The high speed rebound is controlled by the internal stack. Could definitely be getting some weird compression and rebound characteristics if you turned the blue knob out too far, it has to be turned in something like 1.75 turns from full out, or it doesn't work correctly at all.