Quantcast

Avant Link Ads

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I didn't know that that is what they're called, but I second that.

What a cheap-azz way to try and generate traffic to your site: via unintentional, irritating visits. Stupid.

Mr.Bishop

King of Beers
Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
stupid the house links everywhere.
Sorry - my bad.... removed!

The idea with these things is that when someone pastes a link to a sale somewhere, the fact that its being talked about on RM generates income.

So if I were to be saying "Hey, check out chainlove.com - there's a pair of shoes there you were talking about." we'd make a percentage of the sale.

However it was an error in the encoder causing it to come up whenever the house came up. hah - thats a ski store!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The problem I've noticed with them is that they tend to show up unintended, and not relevant.

If it was a thread about handlebars, and someone said "oh hey i got x bars at CRC" and CRC linked to chain reaction cycles, it would be ok. The problem I have with them is that they show up when its not relevant.

If there was a way to refine this more, I would have less of an issue.

Mr.Bishop

King of Beers
Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
The problem I've noticed with them is that they tend to show up unintended, and not relevant.

If it was a thread about handlebars, and someone said "oh hey i got x bars at CRC" and CRC linked to chain reaction cycles, it would be ok. The problem I have with them is that they show up when its not relevant.

If there was a way to refine this more, I would have less of an issue.
Yeah its totally refinable (is that a word?) - can you hit me with some examples of context where it didn't make sense? I can then prune the tool to give better relevance and not show up under those contexts.