Quantcast

Average trainer hours a week

damnit jim

Monkey
Jun 22, 2002
Find hell, make a left
I'm asking the question becuse, I don't really want to ride in one spot, on the trainer or rollers, while dreaming of actually having the time to spend out on the road. I've also found that after a week of the trainer that old bit of road i've spent so much time on, is really not that bad, as a matter of fact its better than sitting on the trainer. But I guess it has to be done, I just don't like it!!! To much time sitting still.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Heidi said:
Ditto - though I find I ride much harder on a trainer than I would outside so sometimes it's very productive.
trainers allow you to focus on exactly what you need to get done. makes most threshold and above type workouts very difficult b/c there's no variations in resistance like you'd see in the "real world".

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
indieboy said:
trainers allow you to focus on exactly what you need to get done. makes most threshold and above type workouts very difficult b/c there's no variations in resistance like you'd see in the "real world".
Yup, that's really all they are good for is the intensity stuff. I'm not actually training for anything....except maybe a dual slalom race :devil: but I still train just for the sheer hardness of it. :)

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
-BB- said:
Trainer?
What's that?

Bet you are missing the nice SoCal weather right now, huh Heidi?

Not the friggin slightest bit. I love winter and all the winter sports I had to struggle to do down in AssCal. :)

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Generally Zero, Phoenix weather is highly condusive to riding. When I'm training for a specific event I'll do intervals on the lifecycle at the gym because I'm less likely to be run over while puking.

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
I'm with Reactor... Tucson weather is perfect so I've used my trainer twice in the last 6 months. Now that I've got a nice helmet-mount light, the evening rides don't bother me.