Quantcast

Avid bleed nipple o-ring size

Verskis

Monkey
May 14, 2010
Tampere, Finland
Anybody know the dimensions of the o-ring on Avid brakes' bleed nipples?
My brakes are 2011 Code R's, but I think the bleed nipple is similar in all Avid brakes.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist: “I Brake for Birds”
Mar 14, 2005
doesn't everyone in the world live in america?

Verskis

Monkey
May 14, 2010
Tampere, Finland
Well, even if there was Napa in Finland ( by the way, napa means bellybutton in Finnish :) ), I don't think they would know the correct size if I told them I need it for some bicycle brake.

At the moment there is a slightly too big o-ring from a bleeding syringe on my front brake, and I'm not going to take my perfectly bled brakes apart to be able to take a sample to a seal store.

RideDad

Chimp
Aug 28, 2009
I have the same problem. Need O-rings for the bleed nipple and also need a line clamp. One vanished somewhere along the way. I was told Avid sells a kit with replacement O-rings in the U.S. (part number BKPT50515). A local shop should be able to order them for you. I tried Lowes hardware and found some the correct inside diameter but they were too thick and I couldn't thread the nipple into the brake reservoir. If anyone has a line clamp laying around they want to get rid of I'd happily accept an offer to buy it. Not really keen on buying a whole new kit but my clothes-pin clamped with small vise-grips pretty much blows.