Quantcast

Avid bleed nipple o-ring size

Verskis

Monkey
May 14, 2010
Tampere, Finland
Anybody know the dimensions of the o-ring on Avid brakes' bleed nipples?
My brakes are 2011 Code R's, but I think the bleed nipple is similar in all Avid brakes.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
doesn't everyone in the world live in america?

Verskis

Monkey
May 14, 2010
Tampere, Finland
Well, even if there was Napa in Finland ( by the way, napa means bellybutton in Finnish :) ), I don't think they would know the correct size if I told them I need it for some bicycle brake.

At the moment there is a slightly too big o-ring from a bleeding syringe on my front brake, and I'm not going to take my perfectly bled brakes apart to be able to take a sample to a seal store.

RideDad

Chimp
Aug 28, 2009
I have the same problem. Need O-rings for the bleed nipple and also need a line clamp. One vanished somewhere along the way. I was told Avid sells a kit with replacement O-rings in the U.S. (part number BKPT50515). A local shop should be able to order them for you. I tried Lowes hardware and found some the correct inside diameter but they were too thick and I couldn't thread the nipple into the brake reservoir. If anyone has a line clamp laying around they want to get rid of I'd happily accept an offer to buy it. Not really keen on buying a whole new kit but my clothes-pin clamped with small vise-grips pretty much blows.