Quantcast

Avid Juicy 7

sk_23

Chimp
Dec 23, 2006
which pads...???those that come with the brakes sucks so which pads are the best....???

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
give them a little time to break in, they don't suck, they just aren't crazy strong. i bought 2 pairs of sintered pads to use once the stock ones aren't up to par or wear out, i'll for sure be using the sintered ones before race season starts.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
give them a little time to break in, they don't suck, they just aren't crazy strong. i bought 2 pairs of sintered pads to use once the stock ones aren't up to par or wear out, i'll for sure be using the sintered ones before race season starts.
They do suck. Quite badly in fact. They get way to hot and glaze over very easily.

If you are using the 7's for DH get some oganic pads. I have used clarks brand with good luck. Never seen at any place beside one of my LBS's though

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Seriously, let them break in abit, they should be a sinterd pad from the factory. They work very well, just take a run or two to fully break in. My front set has lasted 4 years and is still working great, the rear pads I just finally replaced.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
organics aren't as strong as sintered in most cases. denjen, you broke yours in incorrectly or maybe you have a different model year where the pads were manufactured strangely. mine are 08s and the pads are great, i have ridden the brakes about 3 times now and they were broken in after the first 3-4 runs for me. i do think that the stock pads are organic though...