Quantcast

Avid Rollamajig

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I took the Stinky to the NEW LBS (cactusbikes.com) to get a new hydro cable and a new rear derailler, but instead came away with a new hydro cable and a Rollamajig. Seems to work nice. Anyone else run one, or am I freak?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I love the Rollamajigs. Been using one on my bikes for a long time.

I bought one when they were going for $0.99 at Price Point during some sale, and I needed something else so it was free to ship. They work very well!

J

JRB

I have one in the drawer, but i don't know where the little rubber piece is.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
stinkyboy said:
I took the Stinky to the NEW LBS (cactusbikes.com) to get a new hydro cable and a new rear derailler, but instead came away with a new hydro cable and a Rollamajig. Seems to work nice. Anyone else run one, or am I freak?

I had one of those once. I had a 97 Jamis Dakar and it needed an insane length housing loop by the der inorder to shift smoothly. I got one of those to cut down on the monster loop. Worked fine.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Echo said:
Back when I ran Shimano I used a Rollamajig. Don't need it with SRAM.
my rapid rise XTR doesn't need one either. but i run one on the road bike: ultegra rear mech + cable routing inside the chainstay iirc (it's a klein, internal cable routing) = nasty loop without one.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
cannondalejunky said:
What The Hell Is It??????????
It routes the shifter cable over that little wheel in the middle, so you get a freely moving cable without putting a big loop of housing in the back.