Quantcast

Avid Ultimate Codes

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Where are those of you with the Avid ultimate lever and code caliper getting your parts without having to buy two complete brake sets?

Is it possible to buy the white versions of the code calipers and ultimate levers separately? (I saw the white codes and ultimates somewhere, but now I can't find them)

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Do you know the price break down of the various parts or somewhere I can look online without having to go bug the shop?

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Do you know the price break down of the various parts or somewhere I can look online without having to go bug the shop?
You won't likely find the individual parts for sale online. Your shop is the best option. The white and SID blue are new colors and are only available as complete kits (I think).

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
Okay, so if I call them up, what exactly do I need to get prices for.

Obviously the Ultimate lever and Code caliper, but do they come with hoses or pads or any of that? I don't need the rotors, but need everything else.

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
i ordered the brake through my local shop. it is not cheap what so ever though.

it is fairly light, i think 360 grams for the front (no rotor)

MattP.

Monkey
Jun 27, 2005
i ordered the brake through my local shop. it is not cheap what so ever though.

it is fairly light, i think 360 grams for the front (no rotor)
Yeah, according to Sicklines, who used the ULtimate Codes on their Blindside build, the front comes in at 294 and the rear 296.

And yeah, not cheap AT ALL.

Old_Sckool

Monkey
Jun 5, 2007
Got mine cheap. $300 both front and rear, with disc's and adapters.

The secret?

They come on the 2008 Specialized Demo, not sure if all models, but for sure on the top of the line. Only difference is they use aluminum levers instead of carbon. But otherwise Ultimate levers assembly's with code calipers. Got mine from a guy who bought his Demo and then wanted to change to XTR's. The ultimate codes where light, but he wanted lighter. Not sure if he'll be happy with the decision after a few runs. But I'm REAL happy.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
if you want them pre built for you

email jason at sicklines
admin@sicklines.com he did mine for me this and last season, work awesome

if not go through BTI.
and if your not in america, i have no idea, haha

PS the ultimate on the code, is only 3 grams heavier than a normal juicy 7. its either 296, or 299 grams

Yeti

Monkey
May 17, 2005
yeti cave@the beach
i'm in switzerland and just ordered the kits from avid. you have to order the hoses by separate, but i got some goodridge's. it isn't cheap but works awesome.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
So the big thing is the weight difference with this set-up??? Looks like between front and rear you can lose 1/2 pound with the ultimate levers on the codes??
Or you could just get the code 5s and save about $200. The weight difference between the Ultimate levers and the Juicy 5 levers is very small. IIRC, the Juicy carbon's levers actually weigh more than the 5's.

Granted, not near as trick

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Okay, so if I call them up, what exactly do I need to get prices for.

Obviously the Ultimate lever and Code caliper, but do they come with hoses or pads or any of that? I don't need the rotors, but need everything else.
Jason at Sicklines.com might have a few sets left for sale. He built up a bunch when he did a review of this setup a while back.

poonstar

Monkey
Jan 6, 2008
i originally bought my ultimates and then ordered the code calipers from my shop seperately. but my shop guys told me that it is possible to get each part seperately. depending on who the supplier is...you may end up paying less for the ultimate/code set up vs just buying a complete set of ultimates or codes. this set up works awesome on my sunday.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Yea I got some ultimate / codes if you want some (they'd be brand new).

If you want heat-shrinked white cables i can do that too :).

Send me a PM