Quantcast

Avid X.0 or Formula The One?

guiepinto

Chimp
Nov 17, 2009
Brazil
Hey guys!

I just got a new 2011 Demo 8 with Avid X.0 brakes...

How powerful are they compared to Formula The Ones???
Any reviews on the new X.0's yet?

I was running The One's in my old Demo and always liked them.
Before these, I was running Code's, which I didn't like that much...

Cheers...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
either Avid Code X0 or Elixr R according to their site
the Code X0 is Code calipers w/ X0 levers

the Ones will be more powerful than the Elixrs, but the combo of XO levers and Code calipers would probably be pretty powerful. im running a similar setup to this.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
all the new XO brakes i have felt feel like complete ass...not into the lever feel or the engagement...

If i was you i would go with saint, great power and more parts available than forumula...

The formulas are nice but just seem to be a pain if you kill a part.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Manhattan - I disagree.

If you need a part, just call Formula direct and ask for Chris or Charlie. I've been dealing with these guys for the past 2 years and their customer service in my experience is second to none. :)

Formula Brake USA
405 East D Street Suite C
Petaluma, Ca 94952
707.765.2770 707.765.2770
info@formulabrakeusa.com

Dwdrums00

Monkey
Mar 31, 2007
I agree 100% with SKC, formulas customer service is top notch! Charlie and Chris have always gone above and beyond to take care of any of my needs.

-Jasen M.

BikeFan84

Monkey
Oct 27, 2004
D-Ville
keep what you have I had some shat luck with fomulas, or get Saints. I may even trade in the 2011 codes for some saints.

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
Don't have any experience with X.O brakes, but I can vouch for my first generation Formula The One's. Great power, great modulation, and relatively maintenance free. Plus, the customer service at Formula is fantastic. I recently lost the female end to my brake lever pivot pin. I thought I was SOL and would have to buy a new lever set (50 bucks, minimum) to get a measly pin. I emailed Formula customer service as a last resort to see if I could buy the pin from them, but Charlie hooked me up with my missing piece for free. Awesome!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
well, I never had any complaints about my codes, and those were first gen. apparently the newest gen has only improved on them, so I think you should be good with what you have. I'm on a set of saint 810's, my buddy is on a set of 2010 the ones, both feel great, mine have a little more modulation, his are a little more grabby, but no complaints about either one, but I say run what you got, you should be fine.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Not that this means much but Sam Hill uses XO brakes (levers and calipers) w/185m rotors, or at least did at the World Champs.

guiepinto

Chimp
Nov 17, 2009
Brazil
Not that this means much but Sam Hill uses XO brakes (levers and calipers) w/185m rotors, or at least did at the World Champs.
I never noticed he used any brakes... (hahahaha)

I wish I could ride with the same setup as these Pros do...

Seriously, my riding level is far from what they ride, so I want to feel confidence on my brakes.
When I need them, I want to make sure they work properly.

Last edited: