Quantcast

Avy Chubie on Sunday...yay or nay?

TurnerDHRider

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Sydney, Australia
I am considering to buy an Avy Chubie for my Sunday as i dont really like the 5th element...and was wondering if thats a good idea or not...cuz i remember DW saying that the Sunday was desinged with the 5th element in mind. So i was wondering if theres any pros and cons for using Avy on the sunday. Or should i wait till the after market lower link comes out get myself a DHX? thanks for helping...

KC

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
if the avy can be valved correctly for that suspension setup and such. why not?
don't get a after market link. pretty sure IH would make one to fit a DHX. but again you need a correctly valved shock to go on that frame.

TurnerDHRider

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Sydney, Australia
DHS said:
if the avy can be valved correctly for that suspension setup and such. why not?
don't get a after market link. pretty sure IH would make one to fit a DHX. but again you need a correctly valved shock to go on that frame.
vavled correctly...mm...avy would know wat to do right?
and yeah i was talking about the after market link that IH will make or is making...

thanks

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
If you do a search this has already been covered. The shock fits and Avalanche already knows how to tune the shock for the Sunday. Also the Sunday is not designed for the 5th Element.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
first off, make sure you got the updated shock tune from progressive, it's night a day different. if you still don't like the 5th, then ask dw how he likes the chubby on his bike. he was absolutely LOVING it last I heard...

TurnerDHRider

Monkey
Jul 5, 2004
Sydney, Australia
dante said:
first off, make sure you got the updated shock tune from progressive, it's night a day different. if you still don't like the 5th, then ask dw how he likes the chubby on his bike. he was absolutely LOVING it last I heard...
yeah i have already done the shock tune...it was much better than what it was before...i can live with it...but you know..just wanted to bling my sunday up...