Quantcast

Avy shock re-spring question

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
I know I can this answered by Craig, but he is out this week, so....

Has anyone experienced having a properly set-up Avy shock, with a specific spring weight and THEN changed the spring 100-150 #s, one way or the other.

I'm guessing that if you drop, say from 600# to 450#, the damping is gonna be slow. My question is, how slow?

Yeah, I know, for $70 something dollars, it can be properly tuned, but I would like to see if I can get away w/o sending it in (for now).

Thanks

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
vibiker said:
I know I can this answered by Craig, but he is out this week, so....

Has anyone experienced having a properly set-up Avy shock, with a specific spring weight and THEN changed the spring 100-150 #s, one way or the other.

I'm guessing that if you drop, say from 600# to 450#, the damping is gonna be slow. My question is, how slow?

Yeah, I know, for $70 something dollars, it can be properly tuned, but I would like to see if I can get away w/o sending it in (for now).

Thanks
See if there are any MX shops in your area that have good team suspension mechanics. they could probably easily make a change to allow for the new spring.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Try it for awhile, then send it in this winter for a rebuild and revalve. You will need to have it revalved. Craig recommends a revalve with any spring change over 50lbs