Quantcast

> Awake, ... <

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I can still feel the warmth of yesterdays sunshine in my heart.

Its cold and snowing now. Go away snowy bullshit.

@gonefirefightin yes big city fb marketplace is a riot. I browse it for days leading up to a trip to the urban environment of my choice.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I really love insurance companies. USAA raised my rate $40 a month because times are tough, apparently. Costco quoted me $20 less than I was paying before and because our house is covered by them, we get a discount on that, too.

When I called to cancel he asked "did you call us to see if we could reduce my premium?" I didn't call them to raise it, so I didn't feel the need.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I really love insurance companies. USAA raised my rate $40 a month because times are tough, apparently. Costco quoted me $20 less than I was paying before and because our house is covered by them, we get a discount on that, too.

When I called to cancel he asked "did you call us to see if we could reduce my premium?" I didn't call them to raise it, so I didn't feel the need.
USAA shit their own bed about 7 years ago and will never recover from it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hello all

glad to hear you're ok, Eric. what'd the Accord driver try to do?

/me has dropped off kid 3 at preschool, shoveled the block (1" powder so easy job) and the driveway, and is now working on some research stuff for a change. then meeting, errands, and finally working 4-10 pm from home to round off the day.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
What happened 7 years ago? I've got USAA for homeowners and car insurance, as well as financing my truck. Never had any issues with them to date, they've been great whenever I've filed claims.
CEO and board members were fraudulently selling info, undisclosed loans and freezing accounts and taking funds. It all culminated in the last year with firings and fines along with many class action suits after years of investigations. I moved my primary bank and insurance since then.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
CEO and board members were fraudulently selling info, undisclosed loans and freezing accounts and taking funds. It all culminated in the last year with firings and fines along with many class action suits after years of investigations. I moved my primary bank and insurance since then.
Not even really that shocking. What kind of bonus or walkaway deals did those ceo's also get in the background?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Aren't you kinda old to be doing that kinda shit? :p
ageist....

fuck....i am only a couple years past 50....

it did not take long....the gutter guard did its job in 95 percent of the house....one section of gutter is going to need to be replaced....and at some point...the roof.

dad is pushing 80.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I think venmo really does need an email :rofl:
Nah, it's @UserName and last 4 digits of the phone number to send money to someone.

If you give an email address all they do is send a bullshit email to you, either pretending "you've been paid" or some other nonsense. Couple of weeks ago it was similar with Zelle - which just needs a phone number (or email), if you give the email, you get a bullshit email from them.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Nah - I'm just concerned for your safety - falling off a ladder at 50 is inadvisable. :D
against my advice he was holding the ladder about three weeks outside of having his other knee replaced....atleast he was using a cane.

stubborn shit.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Caveat- all backs / bodies are different.

I have had back problems since I was a little boy and fell out of a hayloft. Derp. Over the ensuing 40 years, I tried everything. Physiotherapy, acupuncture, weightlifting, strength training, yoga, running, riding, “actively doing nothing,” etc.

The biggest two positive changes were:

1. surgery. Tiny incision to trim a flattened disc and clean up some arthritis.

2. calming the eff down. When my back would start hurting, I’d get tense, which in turn would make my back tighten up and hurt more, which in turn would make me more tense…and on and on. Once I started reminding myself “chill. It’ll be ok!” I found that aches, pains and tightness would go away quicker…

My apex pain was sneezing while driving a truck with a loaded trailer and the pain being so bad that I “lost vision” (or at least the ability to process what I was seeing) for a split second. Decided right then and there that I was going under the knife!

“cool story, bruh”
this is definitely relevant, but I've had two follow-up MRIs after my surgery which have found nothing. that said, I am having the surgery you describe on my elbow to clean up arthritis and remove a floating fragment of bone. because I elbow pain, there is a bunch of exercises I can't do that would otherwise really help my back (push ups, pull ups being the main ones).

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Have you tried squeezing her really, really hard, until the poop comes out like a toothpaste tube?
You‘re welcome.

“Is Apex ready?”
Probably a luge track underneath 4ish" of snow this morning.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Nah, it's @UserName and last 4 digits of the phone number to send money to someone.

If you give an email address all they do is send a bullshit email to you, either pretending "you've been paid" or some other nonsense. Couple of weeks ago it was similar with Zelle - which just needs a phone number (or email), if you give the email, you get a bullshit email from them.
Up here we have something called Interac e-transfer. Think pretty much anyone with a Canadian bank account being able to send money, free of charge, to anyone else also in Canada.

These idiot scammers dive right into their "oh I'm out of town BLAH BLAH BLAH" bullshit. My first question to all of them is where are you from, which most reply with a large city like Toronto or Calgary. So I tell them etransfer or get fucked. They all try to give some other story of not being home etc, so no matter what I just reply with the same shit "look man, I'll take your money no problem, but you have to send it via Interac etransfer. No cheques, not bank draft." :rofl:

Stupid idiots should maybe start spoofing numbers from in Canada, why are they all from Florida?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Up here we have something called Interac e-transfer. Think pretty much anyone with a Canadian bank account being able to send money, free of charge, to anyone else also in Canada.

These idiot scammers dive right into their "oh I'm out of town BLAH BLAH BLAH" bullshit. My first question to all of them is where are you from, which most reply with a large city like Toronto or Calgary. So I tell them etransfer or get fucked. They all try to give some other story of not being home etc, so no matter what I just reply with the same shit "look man, I'll take your money no problem, but you have to send it via Interac etransfer. No cheques, not bank draft." :rofl:

Stupid idiots should maybe start spoofing numbers from in Canada, why are they all from Florida?
We only do cash and no delivery.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Zelle sounds similar, direct bank to bank and all you really need is the persons linked phone number. But scammers then say, "It's not working, I need your email". They send you a bullshit fake email, pretending you've been paid, or pretending they need to send you too much so you can refund them the difference.