Quantcast

Awesome day at work...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Power company shut the power off at 9 am.

We were dead bored at 9:30.

So I went to pick up a new cell phone for the head sales person, his old one was crapping out. (2 hour trip...)

Went to Trader Joe's to get lunch. Saw a super white trash mom literally dragging her kids though the store. She was pulling the cart from the front and they were dragging on the floor holding onto it. Both kids were about 5 years old or less.

When I was in line I saw the younger kid. His entire face was covered in multiple colors of markers. (older bro must be the artist) He looked like he'd passed out drunk it a frat house the night before. :rofl:

Came back to work - power's still out.

Went to lunch for an hour and a half. Watched most of "Citizen Ruth" with Mrs. H8R on cable.
:monkeydance:

Went back to work, power is back on. Power company is there with 2 giant tow trucks trying to pull their bucket rigs out of the damp field next to our vineyard. They are making trenches 50' long by 4' deep. :rofl:

Walking up from the production area of the nursery, I pass 2 of the greenhouse workers trying to get our ancient and dying electric utility cart to start. After many unsuccessful attempts of the guy stomping on the accelerator the cart lunges forward and plows through the side of the greenhouse, (1/2" corrugated lexan panels) punching an 8' wide hole and scaring the living sh1t out of the women working inside.
:rofl:

Now I'm sitting here at my desk sipping Aglianico.
:monkeydance:

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
IT disaster at my work. Somebody ass is getting fired.

I love networks solutions and Airtight Internet services.

I hate Godaddy.com

I also hate the fact that a person who had no business telling our web designer to change over to Godaddy even though the new site wasn't ready to go live.

WE lost email ALLLLLLLLL DAYYYYYYYYY. People were freaking the fvck out.

"I didn't know changing the dns would affect your webmail...."

inept people piss me off.

Problem fixed.

I got a pat on the back for the managing partner.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I got 4 free Snapples out of a vending machine today. Walked up to it, and it already had $ in it. Pressed the button, and 4 came out. Score.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
I had a short list of things to do, took my time and completed them by 10am. Putzed around the office looking busy for the next couple of hours, and found out that I have to go to Mass next week. Looks like a lunchtime ride in 'Nam on the company dime! :biggrin: Got sent home at 3.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Someone was working on an active patient directory yesterday at 5:30PM and "accidently" deleted the entire folder. Yeah, that's 7 years worth of patient images!

I'm fortunate to have started a really good backup system and was able to recover in a few hours. I was going to go out tonight but decided to veg on the couch eating Chips Ahoy.

Thank god its friiiiday

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I had an awesoem day at work, after two crappy weeks two things are happening, One I am officially on Vacation, Two, I checked My productin and found taht I am going to be making just over 3100 On my next check!!!!! Before taxes of coarse.... So I should get like 800!!!!! Just kidding will be like 1800

tacklespore

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Texas
I skipped out of work and went riding today. Had big plans to race this Sunday but my ex wife left town for the weekend. AHH

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I had an excellent day at work.... oh wait I don't work.... I guess that's why I had an excellent day at work.
my day at work consisted of skiing. rawk. unfortunately it's back to the hospital grind on monday.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Kick ass Barrett-Jackson (Palm Beach) artwork poured out of me all month and especially today. I'm so amazing!

Now I can go pick up my new commuter tomorrow!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
sound like they changed who was hosting there domain name , in which case the MX record has to change too.
?? You don't have to change it, it's perfectly possible not to.

But who cares about that? That is not a good conversation for a good work day.

I am at home on paternity leave so my day is pretty good too.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Kick ass Barrett-Jackson (Palm Beach) artwork poured out of me all month and especially today. I'm so amazing!

Now I can go pick up my new commuter tomorrow!
I did event production for Concourse De Elegance a couple times.

NIGHTMARE.

I got to tell Jay Lenno to move his car before I crushed it with a 5000 lb generator though. :D

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I got 4 free Snapples out of a vending machine today. Walked up to it, and it already had $ in it. Pressed the button, and 4 came out. Score.
I worked at a place that had a machine that would give you caffeine free diet coke as long as you would hold the button down. That's what we drank on weekends. It sucked, but they were like - 3 cents, so who cares???

Red Rabbit

Picky Pooper
Jan 27, 2007
Colorado
sound like they changed who was hosting there domain name , in which case the MX record has to change too.
exactly, but the site wasn't ready to go live, nor was the email change over. FTP was still usable by IP address. We thought we lost ftp but it could still be accessed by ip address.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I fear I missed out on one of those opportunities in life where you get to tell your boss to fvck off. It was not a stupendous day.