Quantcast

Awesome New GEARED Unicycle!

UniGeezer

not 2 tired.
Feb 15, 2010
SoCal
This was my very first day on the trail with my new 26er geared uni! First two minutes is a brief tutorial on crank and shift button installation for the Schlumpf hub, which cost $1,740!

Second half shows me shifting (up close) while riding, downshifting for hills, *and* a mtber with my gopro on his helmet following me as I ride...As I kick into high gear, I pull away FAST! And listen to his comments, haha! Cool

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Dude mad cool. I have a 20 inch and 24 inch torker dx. I used to uni a lot and could even hop onto stairs and ride down 10 sets. When you shifted that was a big difference, you were flying there man.

UniGeezer

not 2 tired.
Feb 15, 2010
SoCal
Dude mad cool. I have a 20 inch and 24 inch torker dx. I used to uni a lot and could even hop onto stairs and ride down 10 sets. When you shifted that was a big difference, you were flying there man.
Yeah it's a huge step up from 1:1 to 1:1:5! That's a 50% jump and makes a 26er an effective 39er! But as long as I'm going anywhere from 3-8mph, shifting up is pretty smooth in that there is no sudden "jolt". Just the sensation of a much bigger, heavier wheel that is rotating 50% faster than you are pedaling.

So you just have to be prepared for the shift, otherwise the wheel gets ahead of you and you go off the back! But I'm relatively used to it now and can even climb moderate hills in high gear, as well as work my way through semi-technical sections in high. :D