Quantcast

AWESOME ride

MAN! My ex and I just did a killer ride today! We started from our house then rode up to a local park (softball/soccer fields). It was rumored that if you ride to the very top of the park there is a downhill section that leads you to the alleghany highlands trail...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

I am in LOVE! :love:

there were puddles and big rocks, stumps and transitions, logs and man...it was just fabulous!!!!

If anyone is ever in the frostburg/cumberland/western maryland area...and whats a great place to ride please let me know so I can share with sweet spot with you!

all in all...Id say it was close to a 10 mile (maybe a little less) ride...SO worth it!

mohshee

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
MD by way of Austin, TX
wow! I am so envious! here in central tx we are limited to driving long distances for stuff like that! We have lots of little hill with rocky transitions, fast and sweet little teases. I'd like some big rocks, and stumps, and such! Used to live in Lexington Park, MD (not exactly western MD), but that was way before I rode.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
sunnerbeanmtb said:
hopefully today I wil get out and take some pictures of where I rode. We shall see...But treesaw...dont let a little rain stop you!
I usually don't, but I was just riding around my house (XC Bike on the road) and it was getting annoying. I don't mind rain when I am on a good trail, but when I am on my XC bike on the road I tend to hate it :( No fear...I am riding tonight and tomorrow!!! :Dancing:

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
Ok, I have to be the first to say it.....

Oh teh noes!!!!!111!!!11!!!1!eleventyone!! Where is her helmet? She could like die or something!!!!!:hot: :hot:

But seriously, helmets are a good thing.:clue: