Quantcast

Awkward restaurant moments

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
Today I was thinking back to a time when my roommate and I went to the IHOP one morning to get some food and how awkward the waitress made us feel.
The waitress was a rather large woman probably weighing in at a good 290-300 pounds. She came up to our table and asked us what we wanted to drink. Seeing as I work nights I want regular food in the morning hours so I told her that I wanted a cherry coke. SO she goes and gets my drink and all is fine. She comes back to take our food orders and that goes well. Our food comes out and nothing out of the ordinary happens until the waitress sees that I am almost out of cherry coke. She literally sprints with all her might to get me another one. She comes back to the table huffing and puffing and says 'here is' two second pause to catch her breath 'another cherry coke.' I say thank you I appreciate it, but instead of walking away she stays there for another ten seconds huffing and puffing and trying to regain her breath and staring directly at me almost threw me. Needless to say I was very creeped out.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
When you tell the story in the future, go ahead and have her spew on you.

:D

But at least that was more interesting that H8R's recent restaurant thread ;)

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Dude isn't obvious? She wasn't out of breath from fetching your cherry coke, she was breathing heavy from thinking about you and her making sloppy lard nookie. Go back there and getcha sum! Slap her on the butt and ride the wave in.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Dude isn't obvious? She wasn't out of breath from fetching your cherry coke, she was breathing heavy from thinking about you and her making sloppy lard nookie. Go back there and getcha sum! Slap her on the butt and ride the wave in.
And don't forget the flour.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
That was just the first incident of awkwardness this waitress has caused my roommate and I. Another time we went in after getting off of work and she asks what to drink and my roommate tells her he wants a larger orange juice. I tell her that I want the same but ask her if she could bring out a bottle of vodka with the juice. She then proceeds to put her hand on my shoulder kneel down and look me in the eye and goes now you know I can't do that I'm a good mormon girl, winks and then goes and gets the juice.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Clearly, he and roommate are the ones wanting as they continue to pursue.
They're obviously plus size aficionados considering they can determine the weight of a lady that large within 10lbs. I'd be hard pressed to be accurate within 30lbs.

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
They're obviously plus size aficionados considering they can determine the weight of a lady that large within 10lbs. I'd be hard pressed to be accurate within 30lbs.
It comes from my livestock judging days in high school. (yeah yeah make all the pinkshirt references you want)

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
The times i have gone in by myself the lady stares at me the whole time and there there is this waiter that won't leave me alone. I was trying to read the paper and drink some coffee and the waiter kept coming up to me every 3-5 minutes asking me if I needed anything. I wanted to stab him with a spoon.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Consider yourself lucky if that's the oddest and freakiest woman you ever encounter.
I second that. Just reading a few of your posts in the '****ty dates' thread makes me think you're one to listen to in that field. Large ladies will stop at nothing to exer-size their loins...that's a given. It's the good looking ones that can surprise the **** out of you.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Years ago we were on tour and had just finished a gig and went to a diner.

The place was full of local hipsters, etc.

A little visualizing is needed here:

We were in a corner table in the south west end of the restaurant.
The restrooms were in the north east end.
At the south east corner of the place, the wall was angled at a 45 and had mirrors from floor to ceiling.

Our merch guy back then was a lovable but obnoxious little chap. He was a little drunk I think. He got up from the table, said something offensive, and then looked around for the restroom.

He immediately headed for it at a brisk walk. Toward the (you guessed it) south east corner.

WHAM.

Full speed, nose first into the mirror, he bounces off and almost takes out a table and a hipster couple.

Turns out that from our table, the mirror was perfectly angled so you could see the bathroom sign on the other end of the restaurant, and it looked like a straight walk to it. (especially if you were drinking)

The look of utter confusion and pain on his face was awesome.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
My girlfriend used to work at a small, traditional Japanese restaurant in a part of town that generally isn't too bad, but has some questionable denziens. I came to see her one night and grab a couple of beers before she got off (about 11PM or so). She finished up work and we proceeded out the back door. Lo and behold, to our left, right next to the door squatted a transient in the middle of a BM. This guy had set down his brown-paper-bag-clad Steel Reserve 40, taken his pants completely off and set them down next to him. The dude was facing the door with a dumpster shielding him from behind. Well, I immediately shoved my keys in her hands and told her to get in the car, but she had already seen the guy's junk and leavings. There was very little reaction out of this dude besides an 'oh, sorry man'.