Quantcast

Awkward thanksgiving moments

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Last night I learned: misogyny = funny, making fun of Country Music = over the line.

For the record, I was not the one making the jokes about a womans place being in the kitchen. But man, when I started riffing on country music, you coulda heard a fvcking pin drop. :think:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
She didn't even turn around, she just said "It's Lisa!" My wife thought it was super funny.

Thank goodness it wasn't one of those giant handful grabs where your fingers really dig down in there.
Get mom and grandma next year so they don't feel left out.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Only awkward moment was when my brother's fiance said she couldn't stop thinking about me one day. Moreso flattering than awkward, I guess. Though probably just awkward for my brother.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I'm on the road and staying in a hotel - yesterday I intended to get food from the grocery store but noticed the Quiznos next door was open and very busy. I thought I scored until I was 20 feet in the door and was told they where closed for a private party...

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
I thought telling my family about my New Zealand plans would be awkward but it went over pretty well.

Real Awkward moment: My grandpa made an Obama assassination joke at the dinner table.. Those are generally frowned upon.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Congrats! You won the contest a handful of people didn't really care about! Please provide an address to ship your award to.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Getting food poisoning right before Thanksgiving sucks. Today's the first day my stomach is feeling like it's normalizing but my appetite isn't back yet. I think I'm down to 135 lbs or so :dead:

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
speaking of food poisoning, back when i was a kid (maybe 14 or 15?) we were on our way home from thanksgiving at my grandparents place (it was like a saturday) and stopped at burger king and had lunch. i slept the drive home. when we got home, i wasn't feeling well and laid down. i woke up from a deep nap having to throw up. the closest bathroom was in my parents bedroom. i was a split second late, and projectile vomited a huge mess onto the bathroom wall :rofl: at least it was tile.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
speaking of food poisoning, back when i was a kid (maybe 14 or 15?) we were on our way home from thanksgiving at my grandparents place (it was like a saturday) and stopped at burger king and had lunch. i slept the drive home. when we got home, i wasn't feeling well and laid down. i woke up from a deep nap having to throw up. the closest bathroom was in my parents bedroom. i was a split second late, and projectile vomited a huge mess onto the bathroom wall :rofl: at least it was tile.
did this once into a radiator. at girls house. it was, how shall I put this...? coitus interruptus... It was very embarassing. Her place reeked for the rest of the winter. I never got a chance to... pick up where I left off?

happy turkey day to all y'all 'muricans.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I thought you were going to say that you vomited all over your parents doing the dirty

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
LULZ at country music.

Awkward moment: Grabbing my sister in laws ass in the kitchen because she looks like my wife from the back.
At least it wasn't your MOM's!!
Oh and I feel VERY bad for anyone here that might have a wife who has a Azz that looks like their mom's.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Doing dinner with a bunch of people we hang with here...18 adults and assorted grommets. I can hardly wait...to make an excuse to get out of there early.

I hate Thanksgiving.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Bump. Post 'em if you got 'em. I suspect there is one or two in the works here. It's a big group, mixed bag of LA liberals and a retired, super right wing, minister, and everyone except the good clergy man is a potential alcoholic. Will update.