Quantcast

awwww shit. IT'S ON

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Just watching a bit of Moi Moi tv.. So Shimano tape is still absolutely fine for course marking miles and miles of Enduro? But DH needed it removed why?

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
Looks like conditions got worse as men's qualifying went on? Most of the favorites pretty far down in the timing.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Is it me or is there a shit-ton of Canadians in the juniors? I don't really ever remember seeing so many before. Not sure what it means, but it's pretty cool. on my ride last night, I passed through a trail centre at a local ski hill (Camp Fortune). the place was packed to the gills with kids, with various teams and clubs vying for space on roughly 10km of xc trails. crazy. there was also dozens of gaggles of endurbros out too. out on the DH trails. The parking lot was easily as full as on a week day in winter for skiing. probably more actually - easily 150 cars. the sport seems to be making some sort of a resurgence around here.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Is it me or is there a shit-ton of Canadians in the juniors? I don't really ever remember seeing so many before. Not sure what it means, but it's pretty cool. on my ride last night, I passed through a trail centre at a local ski hill (Camp Fortune). the place was packed to the gills with kids, with various teams and clubs vying for space on roughly 10km of xc trails. crazy. there was also dozens of gaggles of endurbros out too. out on the DH trails. The parking lot was easily as full as on a week day in winter for skiing. probably more actually - easily 150 cars. the sport seems to be making some sort of a resurgence around here.
I was going to point that out too.

I'm disconnected from Canadian racing, but do we even have many DH races in official form?

Unfortunately DH racing has been totally dead around here for going on a decade now. :(

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I was going to point that out too.

I'm disconnected from Canadian racing, but do we even have many DH races in official form?

Unfortunately DH racing has been totally dead around here for going on a decade now. :(
Seems like it's pretty strong in Quebec and out west. And for all our griping about Enduro, it's seems like a great gateway sport to get into gravity bike racing. I know four families who are big into it, and doing races almost every other weekend. Maybe some of those kids will catch the real gravity racing bug...

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Lots of unfamiliar names and early starters ended up in the top 60 seemingly with a fairly strong weather/conditions advantage. But that might also play in Hill's favour tomorrow morning.
Anyone know if his quali run was before or after the weather turned for the worst?

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Just watching a bit of Moi Moi tv.. So Shimano tape is still absolutely fine for course marking miles and miles of Enduro? But DH needed it removed why?
I thought they removed it for television camera angles not some environmental reason?

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Great so you sit through 30 minutes of course hold on junior mens and it just ends. Then you find out some Canadian junior pulls a Sam Hill Champery run in the slop to podium but we don't get to see it. Get fucked.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Operation paperclip enters the chat.

I have an amazing history about those days, but right now I'm in the middle of the morning wake up routine. Please, remind me to tell it later. It's hilarious.
Aah yes the good old days when the CIA hired the head of Nazi Inteligence Services and a different guy later sentenced at nuremberg trails for killing 10k and one of the Dulles brothers (So either CIA head or Secretary of State) commented it "oh he's a bit of a rascal".

@slimshady yeah people kinda tend to assume everyone who did evil things was competent. Plus given the times his brain must have been like 50% amphetamine. BTW. Are you an experimental physicist? One of my good friends here is working in the field.

Also weirdly if we go to this offtopic. My friends mom dated (or dates) someone directly related to one of the main shitbags. The man is very ashamed ofc but the problem is my friends personality is basically "only in russia" yt video mixed with Taz the Tasmanian devil so he is frequently reminded of his unfortunate familiar connection

Last edited:

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
@slimshady yeah people kinda tend to assume everyone who did evil things was competent. Plus given the times his brain must have been like 50% amphetamine. BTW. Are you an experimental physicist? One of my good friends here is working in the field.
Nah, I was on the fourth year of Physics, specializing in nonlinear dynamics, but ended up ditching it because I was having more fun with the associated HACMP clusters I put together to perform the necessary calculations. I figured out I would become a mediocre physicist and I decided I'd try to be a better SysAdmin.

But I still enjoy reading a paper every now and then.

toodles

Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Bring it on. 1 hour 10 mins till Hill drops in. Letsss go.

Regardless of whether it rains or not, it would be so good if its the same weather for everyone.

Last edited:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Nooo, the Hoff had a small off but still managed to get second in the semis. :eek:

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Are Reece and the female presenter fucking?
Not as hard as Reece fucked his own season.

Is the audio mix this terrible for everyone else? It's either the mixing or the mics that are picking up all of the venue background audio.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Nah. Sound and pictures superb here.
GCN+ App on chromecast

Can hear Ric shout FURD loud n clear

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
can't wait to hear Ronan's first post race interview.
"Fucking... blah blah.. fucking.. blah.. fucking blah Fucking blah Fucking"

aaronjb

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2010
Nah. Sound and pictures superb here.
GCN+ App on chromecast

Can hear Ric shout FURD loud n clear
My receiver was upmixing the stereo to 7.1 - had to manually switch to Stereo audio and all is well.

Now, if I could mute CG only...

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
FUCK ME did Jackson really use the airtime into the woods to change gear???